• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why hasn't Brawl become a Nintendo Selects title here in the U.S. yet?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Is Nintendo just being greedy? Why haven't they made Super Smash Bros. Brawl a Nintendo Selects title and dropped the price down to $19.99 yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Selects#Wii

You would think that with Sm4sh being released Nintendo would drop the price of Brawl to introduce new players to the franchise. Besides, with over 6 million units already having been sold here Nintendo amortized the development cost of the game years ago.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=super+smash+bros.+brawl

Here in the United States Brawl still sells for $29.99 which is a little steep when you consider that the WiFi function is no longer supported.

Lebby

Smash Rookie
Greatest hits are usually made when a game starts losing sales to stretch out a products life.

Brawl is still pretty popular especially with Project M.

D

Deleted member

I'll have to agree with the post above. Game is still popular.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Greatest hits are usually made when a game starts losing sales to stretch out a products life.

Brawl is still pretty popular especially with Project M.
I'm certain that at this point Project M is the main driver behind Super Smash Bros. Brawl sales.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I know the game's still popular, so I'm not too sure why Nintendo didn't make Brawl a Nintendo Selects title yet. Imo, it may be due to them discontinuing Nintendo Selects after they stopped working on Wii games. They might end up bringing Brawl to the eShop, but who knows.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Do you have any proof for that claim?
No because Nintendo is very stingy with their sales figures. However, in this modern world of digital distribution, asking $30 for a seven year old game seems rather absurd. This is especially true when you consider that a whole portion of the game has been rendered obsolete when Wi-Fi stopped being supported.

It'd be interesting to find out if the number of Brawl units being sold picked up when Project M became available. I'd also like to know if more 2GB SD cards started being sold then too. ;)

Top Bottom