• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Evrytime I press Z Button for grab I just use the sheild?

P1ano

Smash Rookie
Please help me, I don't fine anyone in the internet with my problem. In ALL Smash Bros games when I use the grab button I use the sheild, I don't know why This happens but that make me lose a lot of battles against oponents that I know that I AM BETTER that them and that makes me salty. It is not my controller because I have tried different controllers but I have the same problem. And please don't say me that I need practice because I have like one year with this problem and I think that I need help for find the solution. Please help me guys :)

D

Deleted member

You just need to change the actions that are defined for each button. Find the controller menu in your game and do as you please.

ordinary

Smash Rookie
I think you mean you light shield by accident. To avoid this you just need to wait a couple more milliseconds or you can learn how to jump cancel. Look into jump canceling to understand it more but basically just press whatever button you use to jump and, almost as if at the same time, next press the grab button

Top Bottom