• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why don't I ever see people using the Tap?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
You know, Ganondorf's standard A attack where he face palms you? I never see people use it, and it's not like it's useless or anything, I mean, against well over half the characters, it makes for a perfect follow up to his Side B. They just have to be fat enough. Common sense will tell you to either get the hell out of the way or do a get-up attack as soon as you get hit by that, because Ganondorf's going to follow it up with something, but I always see people using the Down Smash or crouching attack to hit them even if they're fat enough to be hit immediately afterwards by his tap, and besides, it's not like they ever connect. With the tap, it always connects if the character is fat enough. I don't have the game on me right now, so I can't make a list of characters it works and doesn't work against, but it does against most of them, just try it if you haven't.

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
While the neutral A works on many characters after a Flame Choke, and is a valuable one-two punch, mixing it up a bit with other attacks makes a Ganondorf more versatile.

For example, you could tech chase with another Flame Choke, hit them an arial down A if they get up (which would do a lot more damage), or do a down tilt which could lead to more follow ups.

canswer

Smash Cadet
It's not who I play, it's all those videos I watch of people playing him. The people I play really aren't all that with Ganondorf. Nice to know that I was wrong, though.
Very wrong... it is one of ganons fastest attacks....
slow character.. with slow moves... why is there any reason not to overuse the jab?

any above average ganon player will be using this move a lot

:urg: my head hurts

:034:

Smash Hero
Jab is probably one of Ganon's best moves.. I can't imagine a time when you shouldn't use jab, really. More range than ftilt and one of his fastest moves.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jabbing is like the Shine for Ganon, well, not that it's as good as the Shine, but he needs it that much.

I've killed lightweights with it at like 130% lol. It needs to be undiminished to do that though.

The only thing I don't like about the Jab is that it sometimes goes over Kirby's head when Kirby is using a ground attack.

snakattak

Smash Rookie
Yeah it's probably one of the most useful attack. The only hard part is remembering who can actually get hit. Going by size usually works, but there are some special cases. Most frustrating thing is doing it, only to realize that the other player is unaffected and getting kicked in the face.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
i've found the jab to be extra useful against heavyweights or even midweights that try to approach me. if it is sweetspotted, it can do 9% and extra knockback. it's also good for horizontal KO's and can be followed up by a Wizards foot... plus its pretty fast (at least compared to his other attacks)

i see many players using it if they are at least decent

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Great setups for edgaurds at low percents. See the second page of my utilt topic.

Top Bottom