• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does my laptop hate youtube?

Mith_

Smash Champion
I got a this laptop I'm on now on December 30th of last year. It's brand new, got Vista and everything. Yet it performs so slowly in the area of music and videos. Youtube videos take forever to load, streaming sucks, and if I decided to download a video instead of watching it online because it goes so slow, it takes forever to download. I was trying to download a 350 Megabyte video and it will take 2 hours. However, on my older family desktop computer that we got back in 06' plays Youtube videos in a snap and can download vids in a jiffy. Is there anything I can do to speed up videos and downloads on my laptop?

infomon

Smash Scientist
It sounds like your problem is the laptop's internet connection, not its ability to play videos.

In which case, is your laptop connected wirelessly, or using a cable? How are you connecting to your ISP? Do you have a wireless router? (the device that transmits wireless access throughout your house)

If you're oblivious, you might actually be using a neighbour's open wireless connection, which could very easily be slow due to your distance from the router, and possibly because many ppl are connecting through their router.

Also, 2006 was not very long ago; your '06 computer may have very comparable specs to your laptop, and could even be better in some aspects.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Sigh, I didn't wanna blame it on my connection, but you just confirmed it =/

Yea, my laptop picked up the closest signal and I'm using that so that's prolly why it loads videos so slow.

Top Bottom