• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you use Falco?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I don't mean this as in "why use falco? he stinks". I am honestly asking why people use him. when compared to fox his power never seemed to be a good substitute for his speed >

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean this as in "why use falco? he stinks". I am honestly asking why people use him. when compared to fox his power never seemed to be a good substitute for his speed >

yea true i just recently moved from fox to falco and the transition was hard just the timing on wdin and moves was hard for me since i was use to fox and his speed.

but as a new falco player i honestly love his strength and sometimes wonder why he comes second to fox:confused:. i actually like his reflector effect better than fox but i do miss the speed but the added power more than makes up. well to answer your question i use him now
cuz i like the way he is played honestly and he is simply a beast overall.

Marth101

Smash Journeyman
Why do you use falco?
Why do you speak?

OT: I use falco because to be honest, I really like his combos. It may seem like the same thing over again, but thats exactly the thing. His combos (atleast on fastfallers) are easy to pull off. Lasers also help me alot because I main falcon, lasers hurt my game alot. So hey, if you cant beat em, join em!

So yeah thatst why I play falco.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I was honestly wondering why it is that u use him. I didn't see much of a reason to use him instead of Fox seeing as he's like twice as fast. Ur posts interested me to a small extent.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
I main Fox and second Falco. Of course I have to set it in my mind before each match on who I am playing with because yeah they have the same looking moveset, but different outcomes for each attack. Same thing with short hopping and wavedashing...the timing changes drastically so I have to focus and almost change my gameplan completely.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
yes, falco is much slower than fox, but falco can easily lock down everybody with his lasers and pillars against ur shields, which prevents shield grabbing, and momentarily stunning/paralyzing the opponent with quick sh lasers, approaches are so good with falco, and retreats are just as good. as long as u have rythm, lack of speed (compared to fox) is easily made up with his unique-ness and ****-age quality. also his combo-ing is easy, since so many moves such as, dash attack, utilt, shine, uair, comes out so fast, and has nice set ups to great KO moves. spiking is practically one of the best in the game, and is easier to use than fox.

personally, i dont use falco, but hes a fun character to use on the side, i use marth.

ps. this is half directed to goateeguy since his posts have nearly no relevance to the topic.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@goatguy: I like Falco b/c his style of play takes a great deal of skill to master and execute. Also, his combos look pretty sweet and when he is used properly he has plenty of speed. Characters like Marth/Sheik are much easier to use competently.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Every time I went to a tourney or Smashfest, I would always lose to Falco players. So I said if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I picked up Falco one day and I was instantly able to SHL, shine combo, pillar, and waveshine. I already knew how to do this stuff after falling victim to it so many times. I would just think to myself: What did *insert Falco player* do to my Samus/GW? Then I would copy that.

Falco is now easily my best character. Also, I used to lose to Marth a lot. Guess who does well against Marth? :chuckle:

With Falco, I feel like I'm not countered by anyone. He even does well against Sheik! A Marth or Fox is no longer a threat to me, and that's pretty freaking awesome.

Captain Falcon: Show me your moves!
Falco: lol *combos*

Fox: Come on!

Marth: Minna, m-
Falco: *combos while Marth is talking*

Vall3y

Smash Lord
reasons to use falco:
he is cool
he is good
he is easy

*runs*

no but seriously, thats probably the 3 main reasons to play falco. people think lasers and shining and spiking is cool, he is one of the best chars, and he is relatively easy (easier than fox at the least.... you know what i mean)

ZABE

Smash Cadet
i'm using falco to balance myself out
i mean using a slow character then switch
to a fast one can balance your playing out

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon: Show me your moves!

Fox: Come on!

Marth: Minna, m-
Falco: *combos while Marth is talking*
LOLLLL 56k ^^^ that stuff got me weak!

but i use falco because i love shl'ing and hes particularly easy to use, at least to me

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Because he became my favourite character back when I first unlocked him and he still is.

Top Bottom