• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play the Blue Bomber?

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
I saw similiar threads in other character discussions but not here. So why not add one. :3

Starting playing MM was pretty much pure coincidence.
I tried him in the demo and didn't feel him at all.
After playing more and getting general Sm4sh experience I started to mess around with some more characters, picked him randomly... he worked. \(°^°)/

The more I played Sm4sh the clearer it got what I like to have:
Good spacing tools with range to control the fight, throw combos, nice areals and maybe some projectiles.
And the Blue Guy has all of it.

I do still have a lot of work to do on my MegaMan though, but he's fun anyway.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Initially I chose Mega Man the instant he appeared on that Nintendo Direct back at E3 2013. I pulled an all-nighter hoping that I'd see him finally get revealed and, well... he did. Felt amazing. Since that reveal and the release of the game I've been eagerly watching Smash footage of Mega Man in action to figure out his moves and anything regarding his series in general. When the demo came out I first played as Mega Man and he clicked instantly, it felt right from the get-go. I played as Mario and Link maybe like twice but I spent 50+ hours just using Mega alone in the demo. Then the 3DS game released, I found that he felt different compared to the demo but for the better. And now with the Wii U version out and no more balance patches (therefore no nerfs on the way) I'm going to main him for the entirety of the game's lifespan.

Well, also Mega Man is just my favorite franchise ever so that too.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Ironically it was Mega Man himself who introduced me to using more tilts, grabs, standard attacks, and overall a passive playstyle. He's my favorite projectile fighter to play as (alongside Link and Gunner to smaller extents) and the sole reason why I'm able to open up and use so many different characters in Sm4sh compared to the previous games (Where I only used Mario/Link/Sonic).

I have him alone to thank for being a secondary alongside my main, Shulk.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Well, favourite gaming character, basically.
When i first got home from work and saw his reveal trailer, i was surprised.
Cannot count how many times i watched that trailer with a stupid smile on my face :D.
Also, i usually don't like "zoning" characters, but the way MM seems to be more of a "mid-range-zoner"(is that even a word?) really won me over.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
Ever since they said sonic was going to be in Brawl I thought megaman had a chance of making into Brawl. Ik he's to most request character other then sonic and sadly I was wrong. Then at E3 when they showed megaman I told myself idc how bad he is I'm going to mains him just because I've been asking him to get in for years.

Also megaman battle network games are some of my favorite games of all time. Also helps he one of my favorite characters of all time,

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I play him for allllll the above reasons. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because he has a funny, adorable, stoic face half of the time.

No but really, I just like the character. There has always been something endearing about Mega Man to me even though I likely have much less history with him than most. However, I do really love how he feels to play, and find him to be one of the most unique characters to play as.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Mega Man games are pretty much my childhood. As soon as I saw his announcement trailer, I vowed to main him even if he was terrible. I worked with him a lot in the demo to get a better feel for him.

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Because I played the Mega Man when I was younger. When he was confirmed for smash, I decided to use him as a secondary character no matter what. If Mega Man was like the worst character in the game I'll still play him.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
Mega Man games are pretty much my childhood. As soon as I saw his announcement trailer, I vowed to main him even if he was terrible. I worked with him a lot in the demo to get a better feel for him.
Pretty much this

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
grew up with megaman .-. nostalgia wouldn't let me pickup any other character even if i wanted to.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Because many years ago I failed to bring Mega Man into Brawl and I'm glad that now I don't need to regret it that much.

Also, because Mega Man is pretty much the best video game character ever made in the history of forever.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Because he's Mega Man. What else needs saying? But seriously, pretty much any reason that was stated above. He's just a likable character that definitely has a place alongside Nintendo's all-stars.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Nostalgia to the max. It was a tough call since I'm a long time Ness fan and he's actually not that bad in this iteration. But after seeing his move set, my nostalgia goggles made the decision for me. He could of been the worst character in the game and I probably would have went with him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ever since Mega Man was confirmed for Smash back at E3 2013, I knew at the time that he was gonna be my #1 main because he looked like he's gonna be a fun character to play as...until Rosalina was confirmed and she became my true main. But still, now that Smash 4 came out, I absolutely enjoy playing as him just as much as I enjoy playing Rosalina and he's my second most played character in the game. I even pair them up together during team battles sometimes. Though the funny thing about this is that I've never played any of his games before.

DeaDea

Smash Cadet
I have tried maining other characters, but megaman is by far the funnest (shulk a close second). You can be so creative with him - he's got a cool projecticle game, fun off stage, good gimps, awesome KO moves (nothing more satisfying then killing with a utilt), good aerial game (spamming uairs is pretty fun for zoning and the occasional kill too) and is proving to be a top 10 character as it stands.

D

Deleted member

Mostly because he was the character I could use the best in the 3DS demo. I hadn't really had much actual Smash experience (I have had played 64 and Brawl at the time however I didn't really understand smash attacks, tilt attacks, the works) but using him helped me gain a lot of knowledge in Smashing. Not only that, but I find him fun to use.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
I originally didn't have any interest in Megaman. I haven't played any of the megaman games so I didn't have nostalgia and when I first saw him, I was very meh about him. When I got the demo though, tap jump was on so I was terrible with every character except Megaman. That let me get some practice in and turned me off pikachu initially for smash 4. Now Megaman is one of my mains.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
He is the bomb! Mega Man 2 was my favorite and a classic. It is so nice going on Mega Man's stage and hearing that awesome techno music :)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I just love his playstyle and his hilarious determined persona. As opposed to my other main, Pac-Man, who just seems so happy so be there. It makes you feel happy too lol. He's a character you can be so creative with, and I love his zoning archetype. He really fits my playstyle. Unfortunately I didn't play his games growing up (Pac-Man and his world games were and still are my baby ^^) but I can remember always wanting to play my friend's battle network. It just looked so fun lol. Now I try to play the classic Mega Man games from the eshop, and man are they challenging XD

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mega Man is my favorite game series of all time. There was no chance of me not using him.

I've been gaming for 18 years, and in that time, nothing gaming related has ever made me as happy a Mega Man's reveal trailer.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man is my favorite character of all time. Plus the Mega Man series is my favorite series well, ever. When I saw he was announced he was an instant main for me.

Karonax

Zen Blue Warrior
NNID
Karonax
3DS FC
1633-4179-2591
That post deserve some claps. Look at this awesome collection! (+props for owning Megaman & Bass :p )
Thanks haha, it took a couple years and irresponsible money spending to put it all together. xD Still eventually need to get Soccer and the 5 GB games! :p

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
The Kotobukiya model kits are pretty nice! I want to get the Roll one eventually too. How are you painting him?
I don't even know the brand name of it. A buddy of mine in China saw the box on a shelf for cheap and brought it back to me. He didn't even know what was in it. In fact, it has some parts for some other model in there too...not sure what it's for at all.

I bought some paint with the thought of just giving it a coating to add some luster to the model. Unfortunately, the blue has dried a shade too dark. The cyan is also a little too dark. So now he's Knight Crush Mega Man!

It was at least worth painting just so I could paint those circles on the bottoms of his feet the proper red color. I'm also planning on adding a metallic blue coat of paint to the E-Tank.

ollonk

Smash Cadet
Displaced Lucas main. Playing around with the roster, MegaMan suits the playstyle I had with Lucas better than anyone else on the roster (moreso than Ness with his knockoff customs, even).}
Fast, vacuumy up smash with a spammy-fast projectile that comes out horizontal when in the air."
Also, the grab range. So much grab range.

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
I am a melee player, so I'm used to fast-paced and agressive combat.

Since that is not really possible in Smash 4, I decided to take the opposite and try to get my defensive/projectile game do the trick. It actually helped me with my spacing in melee.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I've always been a fan of Mega Man. I've played a good majority of the games, and when he was announced for Sm4sh, I wanted to play him and see how he felt compared to his games. Picking up the demo, I gave him a shot and enjoyed the fact that he played like his games. After a couple weeks of experimenting with the roster, I had to choose who to use in my first tourney that I was efficient in: Mega Man, Ness, or Fox. I ended up choosing Mega Man, and I ended up going far thanks to him. Now we're pretty tight, and we've steamrolled the competition on For Glory and in my circle of friends.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mega Man is my baby and I've been loving his entire franchise for as long as I can remember.

Plus he's fun to play as and I just adore how 'uninterestedly' stoic he looks. Let's not forget the leg twitching.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Because hes..... MEGA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! His Game's are the best! Also love him in smash (Nintendo should buy mega man.....)

Top Bottom