• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play Pit(The Light One)?

WHY

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If there can be one with Dark Pit, then we can have one for Pit...Pit.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
The main reason I use Pit over Dark Pit in most matches is because I like the homing ability of his arrows more. Good to rack up damage, baiting airdodges, making people more uncomfortable in general. I also for some reason prefer the trajectory of the Upperdash Arm over the Electroshock Arm. Also, Uprising.

Last edited:

Final-Fortress

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8477-3634
Nah, but in all seriousness, I picked him for two reasons 1: Uprising.
2: He's a more rounded character, which suit me more 'cause if I choose a character that excels in just one area I Suck at them because I focus on that one area and rely more on Brute Strength than tactics, which only gets you so far, And I feel cheap for doing so.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I'll only ever go Pit if his arrows and side B will be better for the matchup.
I assume you play Pit more than dark pit, seeing how upperdash is objectively better than elecktroshock at killing. And since Pit has superior arrows in every way except damage.

But in all seriousness, I started playing Pit by accident. I remember back when I was 10-ish when I got brawl, I don't really like Pit, I hated getting hit by those arrows, and I thought his voice was obnoxious, namely because of his side-b. When smash 4 came out, I mained Robin, and my secondary was Mario. My friends really didn't like Dark Pit, and everyone was ******** about dark pit, so I picked him up as another one of my secondaries. I was starting to watch tournaments at the time, and one player that really struck me was Nario, I noticed what he was doing, like killing with f-throw and jumping with arrows, as well as other combos he did. Eventually, I took a break from smash 4, and by break, I mean I broke my 3ds... After getting a replacement a few months later, my Robin was complete ass, and I was losing interest in Mario. So I decided to just focus on Dark Pit, once upon a for glory match, I picked random and got light pit. And I immediately started enjoying playing pit more, I liked upperdash arm more, I liked his arrows more. Pit became my main and dark pit became a mere secondary. About a week ago my friend let me borrow his copy of Kid Icarus Uprising, and I LOVE IT. I marathon'ed it all last Friday and Saturday. I had major hand cramps on Sunday, but it was totally worth it. I've been clearing some of the challenges, even though it's not my copy. I plan to get my own copy pretty soon. And that, boys and girls is why I main Pit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All of y'all got some bad***(or just cool if you're trying to be edgy)reasons on why you main Pit, but @CHOMPY has the best reason...being bias since that **** was touching.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
I play Pit more than Dark Pit primarily because I prefer Pit as character. However, I find that I much prefer upper dash to electroshock and Palutena's Bow over the Silver Bow. Not to mention the ftilt with more KB.

Last edited:

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I choose Pit over Dark Pit mainly because I like Pit's character better. Plus I prefer his Arrow trajectory better than Dark Pit. It gives him more versatility when facing people and is really good for harassing recoveries. I also prefer Upperdash Arm to Electroshock Arm. The F-tilt KB also helps a lot as well.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Because he's simply a better character in every way. I prefer Dark Pit, but there's no reason to pick him over regular Pit if the goal is to win. I only ever use Dark Pit against Captain Falcon anymore.

Last edited:

AmericanSaikyo

Smash Rookie
When I picked up sm4sh I was looking for a character with all around solid options. Pits multiple jumps, decent projectile, reflector, armored dash, kill throw, and solid smash attacks won me over early. Dark Pits arrows seemed worse at the time with no real benefits given elsewhere and time proved that right.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
One reason and one reason only. I like bending his arrows, and Dark Pit can't bend his arrows for ****.

I WISH I could loop arrows like Brawl Pit, but you can't.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Because he's fun. And I'm also not 12 so I don't play Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I use both equally because Pit does better against Ness, Lucas, and lightweights/characters who die earlier from vertical KOs. I use Pittoo because he does better against Rosalina, Fox, Ike, and characters with large hurtboxes/characters who die earlier from horizontal KOs. Dark Pit is used as my main counterpick character. Personally I just wish that more people use the Pits in general; I can't be the only one tired of all the Sheiks, the Luigis, the Pikachus, and the Rosalumas.

Top Bottom