• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do I lose so much in for glory on my wii u?!

great_navi

Smash Rookie
What I mean by that is I also have a 3ds that I play sometimes and my win rate is A LOT better on 3ds. Like I'm at about 38% on wii u and 58% on 3ds. The matches just seem a lot easier and much less stressful when on my 3ds. And this may be in my head but it seems like the lag on wii u is pretty bad? I play on a huge flat screen lcd tv is that maybe the problem? My wifi is great it can't be that.

BUT anyways, when on my wii u after putting in a solid hour of whooping level 9 computers with my 2 mains and maybe a couple secondaries, when I sum up the courage to go online i get nervous at the thought of who I'm going to play against and possibly lose to that my hands are already sweating so bad to the point where I can't grip my controller before im even getting in to the first match and before i know it I'm on a losing streak..i even threw my damn smash controller on the ground hard enough for it to break (thank god it didnt) after getting my butt handed to me by a really good zelda. needless to say my anger got the best of me. I try to calm down a bit and take a breather but that usually doesn't work and I just end up getting very discouraged. Can anyone relate to this? And if so can I please have some advice as to how I can get a little better? I would love to enter some local tournaments but what's the point of all the countless hours I've put into this game if I can't even win a few matches on for glory. Thank you guys.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I remember having some nerves on my first few FG matches. The idea of fighting people 1v1 after a few years of online Brawl was kind of nerve wracking. A brand new game, new tech to be used, all these character changes, everything. The nerves should really go away as you play more often, and definitely go to locals if you can.

In regards to locals, it is very different from online because there's no lag to make or break a victory, whereas online, lag can definitely be the cause of your loss, but that doesn't mean FG is a completely terrible teacher. As you continue to play FG, you'll get better, but keep in mind that FG will only help up until a certain point. From there, you should go to locals or fight friends that are good at the game. Watching videos of other people playing your character can also help you improve on your character(which may or may not be easy to find, depending on how often and well your character is played in tournament). Of course, don't just watch videos of pro players, it definitely helps to also look for combo videos of your character. Really, just put in the dedication to learning not just your character, but the game itself.

great_navi

Smash Rookie
I remember having some nerves on my first few FG matches. The idea of fighting people 1v1 after a few years of online Brawl was kind of nerve wracking. A brand new game, new tech to be used, all these character changes, everything. The nerves should really go away as you play more often, and definitely go to locals if you can.

In regards to locals, it is very different from online because there's no lag to make or break a victory, whereas online, lag can definitely be the cause of your loss, but that doesn't mean FG is a completely terrible teacher. As you continue to play FG, you'll get better, but keep in mind that FG will only help up until a certain point. From there, you should go to locals or fight friends that are good at the game. Watching videos of other people playing your character can also help you improve on your character(which may or may not be easy to find, depending on how often and well your character is played in tournament). Of course, don't just watch videos of pro players, it definitely helps to also look for combo videos of your character. Really, just put in the dedication to learning not just your character, but the game itself.
Awesome thanks for the reply, that was pretty reassuring.

I try and watch every video on YouTube of my mains that I can that actually does help in learning new ways to play them. You reassured me too that I need to stop in my locals every chance I can get.

Top Bottom