• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose your profile pic that you have now?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I was looking up Jigglypuff memes on Google and saw the image with Jigglypuff as a Boo which appealed to me.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I've chosen Queen's Knight since she's my favoritest Warrior-type monster in all of YuGiOh Duel Monsters.

Joel_Tarkus

Smash Cadet
NNID
explodingmuffin7
Because the Mushroom Genie is the most wonderful man ever! Just... look at that glorious mustache! Stare into the face of all (or just most) of what is beautiful about the universe!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Basically when I first joined all those years ago I was called Pikaville and had a Pikachu avatar. Many name changes and avatars later I came back to this name and since Akuma was my last username I decided to fuse my first and last avatars so people would kinda still know who I was.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yes, well...chose Camula from Yu-Gi-Oh GX since she's a pretty vampire the same as Ashley is a beautiful witch.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Edit: Yes, well...I shall soon have a pink butterfly as my avatar since pink is my favorite color and butterflies are peaceful creatures.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
My game of Summer 2017 (and probably overall 2017 since I don't get much games this year). I was expecting it's arrival, and it went beyond my expectations the moment I finished my first playthrough. I also love Akira's character design! He's what I looked like when I had longer hair (his definitely looked curly; as is mine but it's short atm).

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
This is based off of a cartoon-like (and crappy looking) character I drew named Glitch. I was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II and I thought of making an emblem icon of Glitch. So I did and thought it looked much better than my drawing. I wanted it as a new profile pic instead of a rock wizard, but I didn't want to make a call of duty account... so 1 phone photo later, I upload as a new profile pic on here and it was stuck sideways. so 1 photo download later and attempted to photoshop the icon to make it not look like it came straight off the TV, I tried filtering and found one filter I really liked, so one edit later and it is now what you see it as!

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
This is Sabrina. Picked it out because of how pretty the artist made her look. Plus I thought that it would make a good avatar.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This is Rem from Re: Zero.

I recently finished the Re:Zero anime a while back, and I enjoyed it. I remember going into the anime with very low expectations about Rem. Back then, I always wondered why she was so popular to the point I saw her everywhere on the Internet. Going into Re:Zero, I had low expectations on her and thought she was some overhyped character. I didn't find any reason to be attached to Rem until episode 11, where we learn Rem's backstory and see her experience some great character development.

Rem is a character who I relate to a lot. We both share similar insecurities (especially when it comes to inferiority complexes, self-confidence problems, and tendency to compare ourselves to others), and we also warm up and gain deeper appreciation for others when they give us complements, to the point of wanting to give back to them in some way. I will admit she's not a perfectly written character and there are a few things I would change about her (like tone down the devotion thing a tiny notch). Even then, Rem has become one of my favorite anime characters, as she is one of the few individuals I can truly relate to out of all the animes I watched.

Horologium

Smash Rookie
NNID
DragonflyGamer
I'm a G&W main.
My last one was an anime icon, but I wanted my opinion to matter, so I changed it.
The anime character in question was Horologium from Fairy Tail. I think it's overrated and too dependent on The Power of Friendship, but my brother was watching it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
1. Yoshi

2. It's a bootleg image

3. It's so hilariously out-of-character

4. It makes just as much sense IN context as it does out

5. Let's be honest. Everyone likes a naughty Yoshi once in a while :lick:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Got the username back then when I was a wee child. And during the Smash Ballot era I was drawing newcomers I wanted. So I decided to craft my own profile pic.
Nowadays, I feel like naming yourself like an exisiting character is unorginal. But I like that this account is so old and it reminds me of the things that I liked as a kid.

Lass567

Smash Rookie
NNID
Noaaaaaaaaaahhhh
I paused Sonic Adventures Ep. 1 at the exact right time

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Right now, mine is just a place holder but I drew this character and she’s honestly my favorite out of everyone I’ve made so far.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I like octopuses, and a friend of mine loves to call me Octo Reila. So I put an Octoling picture.

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
Makoto Niijima is BEST girl.

That's really the only reason lol

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I've always loved bats and dragons a ton. So when Noivern came out I, I thought he was awesome since he was a bat dragon hybrid.... and he still is awesome, even if his ears look kinda dumb, everything else looks awesome.

This pic is from one of the first few episodes that has Noivern in it. I basically looked at every scene with Noivern in the first few episodes and this was my favorite pose of them all. It's like he's scheming or something. I could probably find a better pose if I looked at all the episodes that show Noivern since then, but I think it would be pretty hard to beat a pose like this one. I figure on Nintendo based forums and such, Noivern would be my go-to guy to be my profile picture.

Perhaps someday when I feel confident enough in my drawing I will make my own bat/dragon themed character for a profile pic..... Unlikely, it's hard to draw daily and it takes me about an hour to draw something decent when looking at a reference.

Last edited:

paintbucket

Smash Rookie
Child of Light is one of my favourite games! Aaaand also because I needed an avatar big enough for here.

EDIT: now it's a cute pikachu lol

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Changed my avatar already.... anyways:

<----------- :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::yoshi:

He's so ****ing adorable!!!
Oh, and to add on to that, I always love the ambiguity of Yoshi's appetite whenever you see him lick his lips. He could've eaten a tiny fruit or devoured a whole country. We may never know, but Yoshi looks so adorable doing it...

Donkey_Butter

Smash Rookie
I like to fantasize about 2 twin brothers making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and arguing about who’s getting the peanut butter. One brother goes and grabs nutella thinking it was peanut butter, and the other brother gets mad at him for being an idiot and grabbing nutella instead of peanut butter.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Cuz I'm a big fan of the Full Metal alchemist series and riza hawkeye(chick in sig and avatar) happens to be my favorite character there

Last edited:
Top Bottom