• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did they switch his up and down taunts?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
And put in a yes sfx that sounds like pit or something? down taunt is my go to taunt for after kills and show your moves is the quintessential falcon taunt, up taunt is my john taunt, which fit the old up taunt because it looked like he was raging, but now it h this unfitting high pitch yes sound, why not use the up B yes at least?

Kati

Smash Lord
Iirc, it is an unused sound effect, much like the high damage grunts/yells, except this particular one for Falcon should have stayed unused.

"Show your moves" is dpad^ bcuz melee (and consistency).

Your labels for up and down, can easily be swapped, and seem trivial as a result.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
For what it's worth, I think the new "yes" is hilarious. Weird, but I'm glad it's there.

Also, on a semi-related note, the Up-B "yes" is played if you press up on the dpad as you connect a knee. Pretty great.

Drodeka

Smash Journeyman
I think the reason they switched the taunt was because up was the taunt button in melee, and that's his taunt from melee. So, yeah, because melee.
Also, one specific player preferring to press down to taunt is a ridiculous reason to consider changing things around, especially when there are much easier solutions (you pressing up).

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I believe the official reasoning was "Because he salutes up and he hunches down when saying "YES."

Top Bottom