• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Can't I Ever get Fair strings going?

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I see top level sheiks execute Fair strings off of Fthrows very often. I see them taking the other player from one side of the stage to the other. However, when I do it, I end up only stringing 1-2 Fairs together. Or better yet not even bother and just go for Fthrow -> BF. I just can't figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. I Fair, but then it knocks them to low or too high to get a string. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

keikashi12

Smash Cadet
NNID
keikashi12
Chaining fairs together is a little tricky but it's not super hard. The way i usually chain my fairs are from low percents off of a forward jab. Depending on how how heavy the character is, I can usually take them across the stage and almost near the blast zone. The other way to do it is to fast fall your short hop fairs. This method is tricky though because you have to short hop fair, fast fall and rinse and repeat. Its easy to mess up this one. I can do it but it's not really consistent for me. Hit up training mode and pick a heavy character like ganon and practice on him until you get the feel for the fairs. Hope this helps

gsmVoiD

Smash Cadet
This may sound odd, but are you fast falling your fairs?
I've tutored someone and they didn't know about that so just throwing it out there

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
This may sound odd, but are you fast falling your fairs?
I've tutored someone and they didn't know about that so just throwing it out there
Yes but by the time I fast fall and then Short hop again the other player is either too high or low

Danimal197

Smash Apprentice
Yes but by the time I fast fall and then Short hop again the other player is either too high or low
You might not be ff-ing it early enough. Also, remember that even shff fairs can be controlled horizontally also. So immediately after hitting down at the apex of your jump, move the control stick according to their di. Most people will DI away from sheik, so maximizing the horizontally distance of the move will make a big difference in determining the length and success of your string. GL

Top Bottom