• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't I beat up little boys?

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
I have trouble with the Lucas match up. I always have, regardless of the character I'm playing, but with all the other characters I'm playing right now, I get by with a game plan (usually zoning/camping). However, Ganon's my main, and I have no understanding on how I'm supposed to play this match up. I usually just have to wait for Lucas to make a mistake and punish, but I'd like a more consistent method of getting things done in this match up. Anyone got any ideas how to deal with Lucas? Do I just suck against Lucas (Well I do, but is that the whole point), or is he a hard matchup for Ganondorf.

Thanks in advance for the help.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
You can't beat up little boys because it's illegal in most countries.

Jk, though you should probably repost this in the matchup discussion thread.

Hao the Champion

Smash Rookie
Lucas' have a really bad habit of SH->PK Freeze->DACUS. Like, regardless of whether PK Freeze will miss, hit or be blocked they'll run for the DACUS so I usually get a good punish on that. They try to get in with either PK Freeze or a grab to start their combos so I always watch out for those and punish. They always want to camp him and never approach unless they're confident and do so. My advice is to watch out for those and space accordingly with Fair's and Bair's.

Top Bottom