• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are you ignoring me? RMT!

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so now I have a team that needs to be rated. Could use some help.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Naive - Levitate
EV/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is the Gengar I tend to lead with. Attacks what it can, and I Destiny Bond whatever comes at me if I die with the next hit. Weavile I would have to predict if it uses Night Slash or Swords Dance first though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold - Serene Grace
EV/ 252 Def/ 104 Spatk/ 152 HP
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

The standard of standards. This, based on experience, is capable of sweeping instead of walling. This experience I'm talking about is when this killed a BLISSEY WHEN I HAD A BURN! Basically sets up on another wall or when they switch and BoltBeams the **** out of the opposing team.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yanmega@Expert Belt
Modest - Speed Boost
EV/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 6 Def
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

I know that this works best as a lead, but I need this to kill Heracross. Scouts for Choice users and switches to the appropriate teammate. This also kills Tyranitar, Cresselia, Dusknoir, and any other Pokemon it has the upper hand on if Gengar has already gone down.

Weezing@Leftovers
Impish - Levitate
EV/ 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Spatk
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Haze

This was needed for a team like this. Thunderbolt for countering Gyarados and friends, Pain Split for healing, and Haze for those Pokemon that rely on stat boosting. Explosion to finish Weezing's job with a bang.

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Jolly - Snow Cloak
EV/ 252 Att/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang

This is my main physical sweeper and dragon killer. Hits the common dragons (Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite) with an Ice Shard, and when powered with Life Orb, it barely lives. Also kills whatever it can and goes great with Gengar/Yanmega with Double Battles.

Dugtrio@Expert Belt/Focus Sash
Jolly - Arena Trap
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge

Ha-ha! This provides many an assistance to my team. But it's mainly a revenge killer if Weezing or any other Pokemon (mainly Weezing) goes dowm to a pokemon such as, oh, I don't know... HEATRAN! Also kills Alakazam and friends, Heracross, Electivire, and other Pokemon it can trap. I'll use Focus Sash sometimes if I fear Alakazam and such plan to set-up and drain my Sucker Punch PP.

There, now I have a full team. Rate away!
NOTE - This will also be my Double Battle team, just that this isn't in the right order then.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Gengar@Focus Sash
Naive - Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

This is the Gengar I tend to lead with. Attacks what it can, and I Destiny Bond whatever comes at me if I die with the next hit. Weavile I would have to predict if it uses Night Slash or Swords Dance first though.
Good. They might expect Destiny Bond if you have Focus Sash w/1 HP left...

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold - Serene Grace
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

The standard of standards. This, based on experience, is capable of sweeping instead of walling. This experience I'm talking about is when this killed a BLISSEY WHEN I HAD A BURN! Basically sets up on another wall or when they switch and BoltBeams the **** out of the opposing team.
Good.

Yanmega@Expert Belt
Modest - Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

I know that this works best as a lead, but I need this to kill Heracross. Scouts for Choice users and switches to the appropriate teammate. This also kills Tyranitar, Cresselia, Dusknoir, and any other Pokemon it has the upper hand on if Gengar has already gone down.
Those 6 Defense EV's needed?

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Relaxed - Leaf Guard
EV/ 252 HP/ 228 Def/ 28 Att
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

This is my Physical Wall. This will do what it does best, Knock off items and sleep, seed, or whip them. May be replaced with Weezing.
Seems good enough. Doesn't look like it needs to be replaced.

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Jolly - Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang

This is my main physical sweeper and dragon killer. Hits the common dragons (Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite) with an Ice Shard, and when powered with Life Orb, it barely lives. Also kills whatever it can and goes great with Gengar/Yanmega with Double Battles.
EQ+Levitators+double battles=:)

Jolteon@Leftovers
Timid - Volt Absorb
EV/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball

This hopefully makes a counter for Gyarados and lets everything come in safely with a Substitute. This will usually pass to Yanmega who will sweep off of this and draw Electric attacks to regain health from the Subs that it passes. Charge Beam for the Spatk passing, and Shadow Ball for Grounds (I don't want to waste time for HP Ice/Grass).
Good.

Sorry I ignored you...didn't even see the thread...
TeryMeter: 8.0/10 (I like it!)

IC3R

Smash Lord

Gengar@Focus Sash
Naive - Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Hopefully that Weavile isn't carrying Ice Shard.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold - Serene Grace
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

ITZ 73H 1337 \/\/H0R3!!!1!!1!11
OMG, people are gonna PO'ed at all the Statushax...Beware of being Poisoned, though.

Yanmega@Expert Belt
Modest - Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

Nice.

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Relaxed - Leaf Guard
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

This is my Physical Wall. This will do what it does best, Knock off items and sleep, seed, or whip them. May be replaced with Weezing.

IMO: Tangela >>>> Weezing
That's just cause I love my Tangy :p

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Jolly - Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang

Nice. Mamorape ftw...

Jolteon@Leftovers
Timid - Volt Absorb
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball

This hopefully makes a counter for Gyarados and lets everything come in safely with a Substitute. This will usually pass to Yanmega who will sweep off of this and draw Electric attacks to regain health from the Subs that it passes. Charge Beam for the Spatk passing, and Shadow Ball for Grounds (I don't want to waste time for HP Ice/Grass).

Ewwww...Charge Beam Passing. Sweet...

My favorite part of the team is the JoltMega combo you got goin' here.

Overall, I give the team an 8.9/10.

Except I see a VERY big problem: Fire. You have three Pokes weak to Fire with no Pokes resisting. Maybe replacing Tangrowth for Weezing isn't too bad of an idea.
Besides, Weezing can do this lol: :burst:

Let's see...Beware Heatran; a Scarfed Heatran carrying Explosion can (and probably will) bring the end to all your Pokes without too much of a problem, even if Weezing was there.

shadydentist

Smash Lord

Gengar@Focus Sash
Naive - Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

With focus sash and focus blast, weavile should go down, and theres nothing else as good at taking out gengar. Maybe destny bond could be spent on more type coverage, or a hypnosis

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold - Serene Grace
-Calm Mind
-Softboiled
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Fine

Yanmega@Expert Belt
Modest - Speed Boost
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

The problem is that if the heracross carries stone edge, you can't safely switch in. And with no spinner on your team, stealth rock is going to cost you 50 percent health every time you switch in. Not exactly a reliable heracross counter.

Tangrowth@Leftovers
Relaxed - Leaf Guard
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Weezing is amazing. Plus it can counter both gyarados and heracross much better than yanmega or jolteon ever will.

Mamoswine@Life Orb
Jolly - Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang

Jolteon@Leftovers
Timid - Volt Absorb
- Charge Beam
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball

Again, a true counter has to switch in easily, and jolteon gets wrecked by everything on the switch. Not a good gyarados counter, and would serve better as a lead with this set.

Your team lacks chemistry. Yanmega and Jolteon go great as leads because they can do a lot, but switching them in is kind of difficult. If the only reason you have them is to counter Gyarados and Heracross, weezing does much better at both with flamethrower, thunderbolt, and the ability to take physical hits really well. Furthermore, with no haze/whirwind, you're kind of susceptible to baton passing teams, dd gyarados, and the like. Btw, weezing is also good at hazing. In other words, you should definitely put weezing on your team.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
BIG UPDATE!!! IT seems that Dugtrio is the one that gets all of the action, but don't be fooled. Yanmega is the one that will get rid of any Grass pokemon that both Mamoswine and Dugtrio fear so much.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Weezing's EVs and natures aren't ideal for what you want. Impish reduces his sp. attack, and with a paltry 6 sp. attack evs hes not going to be doing too incredibly much to Gyarados. Instead, go with a relaxed nature, and put maybe 52 evs in special attack, and take some out of defense.

Top Bottom