• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are Samus and ZSS still connected?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I've seen people discuss whether Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS should be separated or not, and while I can understand why someone may want Zelda/Sheik to stay together, I don't see a point in Samus and ZSS being together. IIRC, they removed the ability to transform between the two by using taunts (Which wasn't easy to do or practical anyway) which means that the only way to transform the two is through their FS. However, nobody ever seemed to like being forced to switch between characters in order to use their FS in the first place, so why keep this feature?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Because this is PM and not Smash 4?

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Because their Final Smashes do not take priority over most of the other things that PMDT focuses on (balancing, adding new stages/modes, etc). I don't really think PMDT cares about this situation at all.

It was different for Squirtle, Ivy, and Zard, because their Final Smashes flat out didn't work previously (so the PMDT had to give them new ones).

I wouldn't mind or care if they decided to make this change, but it still doesn't seem like anything important on their to-do-list.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Because their Final Smashes do not take priority over most of the other things that PMDT focuses on (balancing, adding new stages/modes, etc). I don't really think PMDT cares about this situation at all.

It was different for Squirtle, Ivy, and Zard, because their Final Smashes flat out didn't work previously (so the PMDT had to give them new ones).

I wouldn't mind or care if they decided to make this change, but it still doesn't seem like anything important on their to-do-list.
I was just curious as to whether there was a specific reason why they wanted to keep them together. Would it really be that difficult to make them not transform after their FS? Honest question. They've added neat things like secret taunts and eater eggs that don't really effect the game, but they do it anyway because they want to. They wouldn't have to make brand new FS' like they did for the Pokemon either. It's not really a big deal. It's just something that I'd been thinking of lately.

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I was just curious as to whether there was a specific reason why they wanted to keep them together. Would it really be that difficult to make them not transform after their FS? Honest question. They've added neat things like secret taunts and eater eggs that don't really effect the game, but they do it anyway because they want to. They wouldn't have to make brand new FS' like they did for the Pokemon either. It's not really a big deal. It's just something that I'd been thinking of lately.
You'd end up having to make a new FS for ZSS anyways because the current one is her transforming into normal Samus.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I think they both should still be connected by the L or R button the way that Giga Bowser, Warioman and SOPO are.

For one big reason: You can't transform into ZSS in Subspace Emissary from what I have seen which is an unfortunate side effect that hasn't been addressed.

You're not allowed to transform into those former characters either in a tournament and I don't see why the same rule can't apply for a surprise character switch if that is a concern people have,

Last edited:

Chevy

Smash Ace
I like the final smash switch, it's cute. They should be separated for one reason though.

Samus's alternate costumes in SSBM

• Orange (Red) (default)
  • Used when Samus is on the Red team.
Varia Suit for red team please.

Top Bottom