• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whos the best secondary for falco?

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
Other than Fox, who would be the best secondary pick for Falco? Im trying to take hitbox and other frame data into consideration

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
Total noob question but, what characters other than spacies have the best trials in the neutral game?
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
who is mobile as hell and can keep a hitbox out at almost all times
I guess Marth is somewhat mobile and can keep big hitboxes out.
what top players have the best autopilots so I can study their movement patterns?
The term autopilot refers to a lack of active thinking while playing and relying on learnt pattern-recognition. If you go on autopilot while playing, it is by definition the worst state of mind you can be in as a player.
So I don't know why you are interested in players that "have the best autopilot" but better players have better autopilots and if you want to study movement, then it's a good idea to watch some top players.
I would say pick a top player from the MIOM 2017 ranking that plays the character you want to study and watch some videos of that player

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I guess Marth is somewhat mobile and can keep big hitboxes out.

The term autopilot refers to a lack of active thinking while playing and relying on learnt pattern-recognition. If you go on autopilot while playing, it is by definition the worst state of mind you can be in as a player.
So I don't know why you are interested in players that "have the best autopilot" but better players have better autopilots and if you want to study movement, then it's a good idea to watch some top players.
I would say pick a top player from the MIOM 2017 ranking that plays the character you want to study and watch some videos of that player
sorry im high as **** what im tryna say is who are the hardest characters to find an opening on when they are just spamming techskill

by "best autopilot" i basically meant who are the best neutral/defensive players... who keeps big walls around them using hitboxes and tricky movement etc im noticing that its really all about the neutral game with all these insane punishes flying around its basically whoever gets hit first loses in high level play

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can't even reach local PR level just by autopiloting. You might as well be asking what character is best without L-cancelling. Spacies are probably the two worst characters at autopiloting because they get destroyed for being predictable. If you want to beat noobs without using your brain, your best bet would be to DD spam as Marth or spam FC fair, dash attack, and CC dsmash as Peach.

Guidodinho

Smash Rookie
if you consider jumpsquats n stuff, i'd say Jigglypuff might be a pretty comfortable secondary for Falco mains, because their jumpsquats take the same ammount of time/frames. So personally for me, switching from fox and falco is pretty annoying, because if you're used to wavedashing with fox, then it feels like an eternity to push down that L/R trigger to wavedash with falco. And going from falco to fox, i feel like I need to use completely different hand movements to optimally wavedash/shine around the field, if not I just hurt my hands playing fox.
Same for full/shorthopping.
Point of view that could be worth considering.

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
if you consider jumpsquats n stuff, i'd say Jigglypuff might be a pretty comfortable secondary for Falco mains, because their jumpsquats take the same ammount of time/frames. So personally for me, switching from fox and falco is pretty annoying, because if you're used to wavedashing with fox, then it feels like an eternity to push down that L/R trigger to wavedash with falco. And going from falco to fox, i feel like I need to use completely different hand movements to optimally wavedash/shine around the field, if not I just hurt my hands playing fox.
Same for full/shorthopping.
Point of view that could be worth considering.
funny, i posted this months ago and after studying each character i completely agree. i think falcos easiest switch ins are dk/roy/puff/ganon for the reasons you mentioned but also fall speed(obv puff not included there)

Top Bottom