• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the best character for Trophy Rush?

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
Donkey Kong. Stored Heavy punch and stubborn headbutt and you can wrecked groups of enemies easy.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Donkey Kong. Stored Heavy punch and stubborn headbutt and you can wrecked groups of enemies easy.
I think that's more for Smash Run; Trophy Rush doesn't have any enemies except for boxes and slabs of stone... If only Snake was back. He'd be all over dem boxes.

Anyway, Palutena maybe? Her Up Smash covers a ton of vertical area. I've only done Trophy Rush with Little Mac and someone else... I think it was Sheik. Little Mac works since he attacks fast and hard, but he doesn't have a lot of range. I guess Ike would work well as well along with perhaps Bowser and Charizard.

I don't really know, though.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Mega Man imo, by far. Air Shooter clears out everything above you soooooooo easily. My top score with Mega Man is about double everyone else's.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've done very well with Zero Suit Samus and R.O.B.

It helps to have somebody fast who can take care of the boxes in the air as well as on the ground.

Gesitenhaus

Smash Rookie
ROB by far. Or probably anybody with decent reach, low downtime on tilts or aerials and a piercing projectile.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I've done well with Rosaluma (send the Luma to the other side of the platform), and Fox (his lasers are surprisingly good, especially during the fevers). Pikachu's thunder can also be useful.

Yusa

Smash Cadet
Fox's laser? I don't see how apparently no one else has tried that yet and it actually works incredibly well without being any trouble at all.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Fox's laser? I don't see how apparently no one else has tried that yet and it actually works incredibly well without being any trouble at all.
Fox is definitely the best.

Though I wouldn't say no trouble, because for some reason, his blaster shots pull blocks towards him instead of away from him, which will get you KO'd repeatedly if you don't pay attention to the bombs.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Yoshi's pretty fantastic due to his aerial mobility; I got a 270 combo on my first run with him without seeing a single lightning bolt.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I think that's more for Smash Run; Trophy Rush doesn't have any enemies except for boxes and slabs of stone... If only Snake was back. He'd be all over dem boxes.

Anyway, Palutena maybe? Her Up Smash covers a ton of vertical area. I've only done Trophy Rush with Little Mac and someone else... I think it was Sheik. Little Mac works since he attacks fast and hard, but he doesn't have a lot of range. I guess Ike would work well as well along with perhaps Bowser and Charizard.

It actually is Donkey kong, but obviously not for the reasons given before.

Essentially, just use his down b repeatedly and roll to the side with more pillars when the caution sign appears above. Whenever a bomb box comes down, for some reason it doesn't break/explode and he just pushes it to the side. Just keep an eye out for the caution symbol, and some dubious stacking of explosives get used to the lag between the time you down b and can roll. As soon you see the caution, roll.

*Stolen from 8chan's /v/

Last edited:

Zim2014

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3300-1778
Fox without any doubt, just use his b and doge all the traps, and you'll be fine. I just got a 450+ streak, 650k points and 40+ items.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I love using Marth because he can quickly slash at any direction and jump quickly to either side. The plus side is the boxes dont take really anything to break.

Niner

Smash Cadet
Dankay Kang, just spam the ground slap and roll the the side when the shock thing comes down, rinse and repeat.

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220

My mistake. I added stuiff that should be there. I'd still have to go with Donkey Kong because of his ground smashes. If you can dodge roll at the right time to avoid the electric ball, you get all the things quickly. I can easily get between 25 and 30 trophies every time without trying.

Top Bottom