• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who whould the top mario be

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Thop Mhario whould phrobably bhe A Rhookie or Khoopa Throopa

Shcorpion Mhaster (Mhango) is dhefinitely the thop mhario of all thime, bhut he dhoesn't use chape and he dhoesn't mhain mhario rheally.

Whobbles has an excellent mhario; he's been mainging him recently instead of Ihce Chlimbers, but he's hot as active anymhore.

Nhone also has a fun, fast, and technical mhario.

Last edited:

Axitonium

Smash Cadet
HHH happens.
Thop Mhario whould phrobably bhe A Rhookie or Khoopa Throopa

Shcorpion Mhaster (Mhango) is dhefinitely the thop mhario of all thime, bhut he dhoesn't use chape and he dhoesn't mhain mhario rheally.

Whobbles has an excellent mhario; he's been mainging him recently instead of Ihce Chlimbers, but he's hot as active anymhore.

Nhone also has a fun, fast, and technical mhario.

rty1001

Smash Cadet
Or, instead of hindering yourself with the most basic character, you should either;
A Use an upgraded version of Mario
or B, stop using low tiers

TheBoat

Smash Cadet
Or, instead of hindering yourself with the most basic character, you should either;
A Use an upgraded version of Mario
or B, stop using low tiers
The point is to be that one guy who plays Mario and maybe gives people a run for their money, instead of just "that other marf player" in a sea of indestinguishable Marths (or Falco, Sheik, etc.).
It's about being memorable. People will remember that mario guy who put them into losers. Stream viewers would probably remember him too.

rty1001

Smash Cadet
The point is to be that one guy who plays Mario and maybe gives people a run for their money, instead of just "that other marf player" in a sea of indestinguishable Marths (or Falco, Sheik, etc.).
It's about being memorable. People will remember that mario guy who put them into losers. Stream viewers would probably remember him too.
So you'd sacrifice simplicity for attention?

TheBoat

Smash Cadet
So you'd sacrifice simplicity for attention?
I suppose it would result in more attention, yes. Getting the easiest win possible is not one of my personal goals.
My goal is more about being original. I will never be the best at Melee, even in my region. But I can be the best Mario. It adds variety and story to the Melee scene in a region. Watching Player69 and NinjaMaster420 battle it out in sheik dittos in grand finals over and over gets kind of stale.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It doesn't really matter what your motives are. Selfish or selfless.

If you decide to main a rarer character I say more power to you, they need more exposure to help equalize the representation for tier lists and MU knowledge.

Young Link, Link, Doc, Mario, Yoshi all have this problem. They need more rep, so we can stop guessing about the MUs and the their tier placements.

drewskii

Smash Rookie
NNID
Drewsk11
I don't think Scorp deserves the top spot of the best mario main. That's just a super high level player being good with any character. I feel like A Rookie is the best because he pushes the character to his limits and takes some games off of good people.

As for maining Mario for attention, that's not why I play him. Sure it's nice to say you beat someone with a mid tier character, but the main reason I play him is because he is so damn fun. He is so fluid and smooth and when you get that nice combo or fair strings, it's just so satisfying.

Fyrefox

Smash Cadet
I don't think Scorp deserves the top spot of the best mario main. That's just a super high level player being good with any character.
>says scorp doesn't deserve the top spot as the best mario main
>scorp could undoubtedly beat any mario main in the game

Fyrefox

Smash Cadet
Additionally, you should really check out BrownMario...very few videos of him playing circulate the internet, but if he still played (I think he's retired) I have no doubt he'd be able to compete with some of the top players.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Koopa Troopa is kinda getting bopped recently, still an excellent Mario of course. Tons of hard read F-smashes, but it's not an easy move to punish if you space well like he does.

A Rookie probably has more spirit and natural ability with Mario.

But in reality Wobbles, Mango, and PPMD are better than almost all actual Mario mains just because of their natural skill and reaction time. Even n0ne's Mario is naturally better than most Mario mains just because of how technical and fast he is.

Top Bottom