• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who wants a remake of SSB64 for 3DS and New 3DS?

Who wants a remake of SSB64 for 3DS and New 3DS?

• Total voters

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
Ahhh, SSB64. The game that started the great franchise. One of Nintendo's greatest creations. Also part of everyone childhood. Would it be great if it was remade for 3DS and New 3DS?

yttik

A remake? It would be cool but I doubt that will ever happen, Smash 4 exists. A more functional port would be nice, like with C stick attacks and WiFi (somehow, I can dream).

Sangoku

Smash Master
They've always had the "power". It's probably because of Smash 4's release that people are being nostalgic about 64.

To a lot of us, changing smash 64 would denature the game and we don't really care about graphics, so I think we don't care that much about a possible remake either. Of course, I'm not saying we wouldn't give it a try, in the (very) hypothetical case one ever happens.

Another interesting poll: what is less likely between an official remake or a HD mod? :laugh:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how come everyone is such a little whiny ***** with c stick attacks

****ing learn to do advancing bairs like men instead of relying on a macro

Sedda

Smash Champion

not trying to john for other smashers, but in the other games you can fast fall as you're using an aerial, plus it gives you full control of your momentum. ****ing samus mains

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
there's a gs code that allows you to ff during aerials in 64

it's pretty wack

original statement stands

little whiny *******

Madao

They've always had the "power". It's probably because of Smash 4's release that people are being nostalgic about 64.

To a lot of us, changing smash 64 would denature the game and we don't really care about graphics, so I think we don't care that much about a possible remake either. Of course, I'm not saying we wouldn't give it a try, in the (very) hypothetical case one ever happens.

Another interesting poll: what is less likely between an official remake or a HD mod? :laugh:
Imo some smash64 purists are too extreme. It's as if they believe the game can't be improved. Then you have console purists coming up with fake reasons as to why emulators are inferior xD. LOL that would be an interesting poll. I'b be curious what the results would be :) .

Honestly, Nintendo has fallen off quite hard imo. I wouldn't even expect them to do a proper remake. They'd ruin it somehow.

it's pretty wack

little whiny *****es
How is ff during aerials wack? The only bad one is dair ;/ .

yttik

The point is that it would make the game better without changing anything about how it plays. There's no reason not to include them if a remake was to be made. I don't really see people whining about C stick, all I see is you whining about other people.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
take away a skill that must be practiced. Map ffuair to a button as well. Pivots too. All movement requires practice to pull off. I don't like you.

emulators suck compared to consoles. ALL consoles. Ff aerials are wack in 64*. Lots of spacing tools become broken, imo. You'd have to shorten move duration and increase ground speed. And if you want to do that, just go play melee.

yttik

take away a skill that must be practiced. Map ffuair to a button as well. Pivots too. All movement requires practice to pull off. I don't like you.

emulators suck compared to consoles. ALL consoles. Ff aerials are wack in 64*. Lots of spacing tools become broken, imo. You'd have to shorten move duration and increase ground speed. And if you want to do that, just go play melee.
wow you're a tad rude lol
If you wouldn't like any changes that could potentially improve the game in this immaginary remake (which probably will never happen) then you just wouldn't play it. I don't think macros should be allowed in normal 64, that's just unfair and cheap anyway, I just think that if a remake were to be made I would want something about it to be improved, C stick or whatever else. We've already had a port to Wii, a decent remake would likely have balance and functionality changes to match what we can now do with current hardware, not leaving things empty because you want to emulate how it would be on a 64 controller. A new game, different ways to play it, like how OoT3D is to OoT in speedrunning for example. Your opinion about control stick aerials is completely subjective anyway, some people may find certain things harder on a C stick like me.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
those aren't good examples and you should feel not good

pivots have nuance, ffuair have nuance. if you macro those you lose control options

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
macro a pivot and I'll z2d jpuff all the time with falcon

macro uair and I'll never mistakenly jump again and have pretty damn consistent platdrop ff uaira ND stuff

do people honestly think these things would be good?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I didn't have a 64. My childhood ruled. And my adulthood doesn't need your filthy remake

caneut

Smash Ace

it's pretty wack

little whiny *****es
For some reason it's not particularly useful. Sure you can throw off your opponent with a ff ariel, but as far as 64 mechanics go, it's not useful.

Sedda

Smash Champion

it's pretty wack

little whiny *****es
i wasnt talking about 64. it doesnt make sense to have a c stick functionality in 64, and ff during aerials would be broken because 64 can cancel all lag from aerials.

just trying to say that it makes sense in melee and thats why they like it

yttik

C stick is literally a macro.

try to keep the COGNITIVE DISSONANCE to a minimum please.
I said I don't think macros should be allowed in normal 64. I know C stick is a macro.
I was talking about the supposed remake in the second quote, saying I think they should be in that. Remake would imply changes similar to that which has been achieved in recent Smash titles while still keeping most of the core game the same as 64. Wifi, C stick macros and balance changes imo would be a good thing to implement in the remade game. If nothing was changed then a remake would just be a port. I was just pointing out some things that could be in it, not trying to argue about C stick in 64 (which, as I said anyway, I am against). If you don't like any changes that would or would not be made then you wouldn't play the game, it doesn't affect old 64 in any way.

Annex

Smash Ace
I remember someone mentioned switching ness and pikas upb and I'm still chubbed
I would not be opposed to zair either (or I guess it would be rair) but what we really need is melees coin mode
$$$

...you guys like arguing too much

yttik

There is already online play via emulator.
Macros are for chumps.
The game is already perfectly balanced.
did you not read what I said

also,

perfectly balanced

yes

perfectly

Last edited:
Top Bottom