• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Should I Play?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’ve always been a fan of heavyweights. As someone who used to main Bowser in Smash 4, I truly don’t know who to play as this time around. Bowser still feels good, but so does DK, K Rool, Ridley, Ganon, Incineroar, Villager, Link and Yoshi. Tips on how to find my favorite?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Play DK, he’s gonna end up being the best heavy in the game and he’s super fun to play. I wouldn’t play K Rool he’s really predictable. Ridley can be a good choice too but I really think you should go with DK

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Play DK, he’s gonna end up being the best heavy in the game and he’s super fun to play. I wouldn’t play K Rool he’s really predictable. Ridley can be a good choice too but I really think you should go with DK
Hmm I’ll keep that in mind. What about Yoshi and Villager? If you don’t mind me asking

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Hmm I’ll keep that in mind. What about Yoshi and Villager? If you don’t mind me asking
I think Yoshi will be very good in this game definitely not easy to master though. His aerial mobility is insane and he has so many juggle and kill tools. Villager is cool I guess if you like campy characters and will probably be at least viable. He just seems different than every other character you posted on this list. They’re all brawlers and he’s a zoner (we’ll Link is too but he’s a heavy weight who hits hard). Again I’d personally go with DK because I think he’ll end up being the best heavy and he’s really really fun to play. Of course you need to try it out and make your own decision. Link wouldn’t be a bad choice either if you want somebody with projectiles and a zoning game

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
  1. Play each one extensively
  2. Decide your end goal with the game, whether it be to get lots of wins, have lots of fun, push a character's limits past it's current metagame, any combination of those, etc.
  3. Pick the character based on who feels the best to complete that goal for you.
  4. Make sure you actually like to play the character. If you get bored of them easily and find yourself switching off them more often than not, maybe that's not the right one for you.
There are no unviable characters in this game. Subjectively, I say pick the one(s) who you can sit and practice for hours and not feel like switching from. If that turns out to be all of them, then so be it. The wins will come with time, practice, and adaptation.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
  1. Play each one extensively
  2. Decide your end goal with the game, whether it be to get lots of wins, have lots of fun, push a character's limits past it's current metagame, any combination of those, etc.
  3. Pick the character based on who feels the best to complete that goal for you.
  4. Make sure you actually like to play the character. If you get bored of them easily and find yourself switching off them more often than not, maybe that's not the right one for you.
There are no unviable characters in this game. Subjectively, I say pick the one(s) who you can sit and practice for hours and not feel like switching from. If that turns out to be all of them, then so be it. The wins will come with time, practice, and adaptation.
So TL;DR - get more experience with everyone. Fair enough

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Also think about who is gonna be mir fun in the long run. For example: I really like samus and link but i feel with the new bombs link will be more fun. So I’m focusing on link at the moment

Top Bottom