• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who remembers the names of the Koopa Kids in the show?

eherogirl

Smash Cadet
NNID
eherogirl
3DS FC
4656-8298-7700
I got some dvds of the old show and I am just so amazed at how bad the names for the Koopa Kids were. Anyone remember the names without looking them up?

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Koopaling fan boy here. The reason they have different names is because the cartoon was in production before they had official names. Nintendo of Japan didn't actually name them in their debut (they were however depicted as Bowser's children's in the manual regardless how many people try to deny that.. I looked up the scanned pictures with translation). Nintendo of America gave them their names after the cartoon was already finished and Japan decided to keep the names. Other characters like Villager and Rosalina however will have different names in Japan and maybe other countries. In some countries, they will also be known as "Bowser's Minions" instead of the Koopalings, which I prefer the latter. The names in the cartoon are :

Larry - CheatsyMorton - Big MouthRoy - BullyWendy - Kootie Pie
Ludwig - Kooky Lemmy - Hip
Iggy - HopI might have gotten Hip and Hop mixed up but aside from those two, I actually think the cartoon may have done a bit of a better job at giving them quirky names that go with their personalities.edit - sorry the body of this post is so messed up.... the forum adjusts it on its own so everything looks sloppy now.

Last edited:

eherogirl

Smash Cadet
NNID
eherogirl
3DS FC
4656-8298-7700
Yeah, the show was pretty good about their personalities cuz I liked Big Mouth's personality. The thing that always gets me is the Koopa's with Jr. in their name because back before Bowser Jr. You had Morton Koopa Jr. and just thought....But Bowser's name is Bowser Koopa...So I'm thinking the kids either aren't his as kids or Morton isn't at the least. lol

Gotta make it all complicated and junk, but I could have sworn that we knew the names by time Mario 3 came out...But then I was 5, so I dont remember. lol

Top Bottom