• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the better Nair -Young Link or Link?

Chip.

you know what to do
For both charachters, the nair is a useful and killer move. I wonder though, whose is better? I think Link has more range with his kick, but I think Young Link's has more knockback behind it. So, I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Ain't sure if this was a topic in the past though, but please, discuss it anyways.

drago980

Smash Apprentice
I guess Link has the better nair because, as you said, it ranges a lot longer. But YL has more power in it so who would you choose? It would be Link of course. His can reach a lot farther.

Chip.

you know what to do
I guess Link has the better nair because, as you said, it ranges a lot longer. But YL has more power in it so who would you choose? It would be Link of course. His can reach a lot farther.
That's pure logic, wouldn't you think? But the truth is that my brother and I play with Young Link and Adult Link till hours on end(I main Y.Link-he mains with Link). To be honest, adult Link doesn't out prioritize Young Link's with his nair or vice versa. We both get hit at the same time... except he dies from mine if we're at high%. Although if your fighting someone, say ganon, then Link's nair would prove more useful than Young Link's stubby legs.

drago980

Smash Apprentice
lol the above post makes alotta sense but not considering his nair, i would still shoose Adult Link for other reasons such as, longer sword, more hookshot range, throws bombs farther, and a lot more reasons.

Chip.

you know what to do
Oh yeah, but that's justa completely different subject all together of to see which char. is better. I have my own reasons why Young Link would be better, but that's still slightly off tangent anyway.

Jash

Smash Lord
I think Young Link has a better Nair because he can spam it on people and it will combo. Link is too slow and cant shfflc it fast enough to do anything.

Chip.

you know what to do
I think Young Link has a better Nair because he can spam it on people and it will combo. Link is too slow and cant shfflc it fast enough to do anything.
Your partly right, Jash. Link is a slow charachter and it's harder to get in adequete distance of your foe, even with wavedashing. But, Adult Link can SHFFL much faster and easier than Young Link can. Link is very easy to short hop with, for beginners. He can also fast fall faster than Young Link can. Young Link, on the other hand, can combo better after a succesful nair, such as a 'continuious nair' combo, which is a lot harder to do with Adult Link or maybe impossible.

Metà

Smash Master
I'd have to say YL gets a lot more out of his N-air than Link does. YL wouldn't even be playable without his N-air. It's one of the few things that even keeps him a legitimate contender. YL can pull it off a lot faster from a jump, since his jump is 2 frames faster (trust me, it makes a big difference) and I think YL's might be better for edge-guarding because it has more IASA frames, but I'll have to check that. Also, YL can spam it more, because he moves so much faster.

Jash

Smash Lord
I'd have to say YL gets a lot more out of his N-air than Link does. YL wouldn't even be playable without his N-air. It's one of the few things that even keeps him a legitimate contender. YL can pull it off a lot faster from a jump, since his jump is 2 frames faster (trust me, it makes a big difference) and I think YL's might be better for edge-guarding because it has more IASA frames, but I'll have to check that. Also, YL can spam it more, because he moves so much faster.
Exacly Right.

Metà

Smash Master
Ehh, not much else, but here's a comparison of the two.
Young Link's N-air

Total: 39
Hit: 4-27
IASA: 36
Auto cancel: <3 32>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7

--Initial hit--
Shield stun: 13
Shield hit lag: 6
Advantage: 0

--Sex Kick--
Shield stun: 9
Shield hit lag: 4

Link's N-air
Total: 39
Hit: 4-39
IASA: 36
Auto cancel: <3 32>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7

--Initial hit--
shield stun: 11
shield hit stun: 5
Advantage: -1

--Sex kick--
Shield stun: 9
Shield hit lag: 4

Translation:
Link's lasts 10 frames longer. Young Link has just a tiny bit more priority. Young Link's causes more shield hit stun.

By looking at this comparison, I'd probably have to say that Link's is better, because it's larger and it stays out longer, making edge-guarding a little easier. However, my previous statements still apply, because Young Link is more efficient with his, and he can maneuver around so quickly with wavedashes and short hops and such, and just go in for a super-quick N-air. It's really all in how you apply it, nothing more, folks.

Hope that helped. :p

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow, I agree as well, you are pretty impressive Meta.

I suppose we could stop posting on this thread... although I have a feeling someone will bring it up again with another post.

Metà

Smash Master
Thank you guys for the support. A lot of people in my region don't like the way I show off raw game data like that. Most of my negrep comes from those kinds of posts.

Chip.

you know what to do
If you ever have free info to share, then by all means please do. I think everyone can learn something new if they listen to other people and their knowledge.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Young Link's, I think its easier to execute, and apparently it has more priority, thats for the amazing info meta.

Top Bottom