• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else can't stand the fact that ...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
After you throw a waddle dee/doo and they are walking happily about, you run in and try to b air or forward tilt (or whatever) and insteadad of doing your selected attack, you pick up the little ******* and get nailed in the face for the lag of actually throwing it. It really is extra work to avoid picking those waddlers up.

Thamoo

Smash Rookie
Rofl ya happened to me quite alot. But now that I'm used to it I don't get owned by it anymore. Also I sometime can throw the same Dee/doo 2-3 times at someone, which is fun =)

DarkHero9360

Smash Cadet
it gets on my nerves alot so i just try not to spam them to much or be careful when i'm around them. i use them mainly on projectile characters like pit and falco (falco is imo ddd's worst match up EVER!!)

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Rofl ya happened to me quite alot. But now that I'm used to it I don't get owned by it anymore. Also I sometime can throw the same Dee/doo 2-3 times at someone, which is fun =)
Yea if you can find a way to keep distance and the other person doesnt have a projectile, you can throw waddlers with ease. But when your trying to use them as an approach, they kind of hinder it. Im thinking that they should only be picked up if you use your b right/left (kind of like Wario's bike.)

Vayseth

Smash Master
I did at first, but then I realized that picking them up again has less lag than pulling out another, so I've been trying to rethrow them as much as possible. My favorite thing is to throw electric ones in random places, especially by edges, so when people least expect it BOOM, electric shocks. That can also stop the opponent long enough for a quick f smash =)

Tut

Smash Rookie
yeah it can be a pain but I'd rather have then out then not so i can use them to recover deminished dmg. of bairs once im done edge guarding :D

Tut

Smash Rookie
I did at first, but then I realized that picking them up again has less lag than pulling out another, so I've been trying to rethrow them as much as possible. My favorite thing is to throw electric ones in random places, especially by edges, so when people least expect it BOOM, electric shocks. That can also stop the opponent long enough for a quick f smash =)
lawl @ quick fsmash .. no such thing with d3 :laugh:

Samus-T

Smash Lord
the most annoying thing about ddd in my opinion. love his projectile but his minions get in the way XD

SpikeFiend

Smash Rookie
What if the other player could throw your Waddle Dees/Doos?
Then YOU could punish them.

Or it could work against you, it depends on the situation.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I absolutely hate picking those things up. It is the one thing that makes me want to go back to playing Sheik or Samus. That's cost me so many kills.

Legoluigi

Smash Rookie
then you are dead, stupid wrong.

that would be, without a doubt, olimar... for so many fundemental reasons.
You really have to pick up a secondary charcter for an olimar who knows how to camp.

That not only applies to D3, but to many other characters as well. Dedede can get owned easily by Olimar because it's so hard to get the Pikmin off of him. Plus, your Waddledee-throwing can't outcamp Olimar at all. His grab range is so much larger as well.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I actually love that they stay around...theyre an awesome extra strategy element...they make me smile :D
I dont mind the fact that they stay around. They really do add a lot to the field (block attacks, deal damage with lasers, etc). The problem is, I wish that in order to pick them up, you have to press side b again. I hate when instead of attacking a player, I grab the stupid things and get punched in the face because of the lag. Also, I think that when you swallow them, you should be able to spit them out as a better projectile.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
I actually love that they stay around...theyre an awesome extra strategy element...they make me smile :D
I agree...they are good to just have around...I usually try to keep 2 out while fighting...if possible

sweetooth

Smash Ace
Lol, yea that does frustrate the hell outta ya. But, what i do after i throw a doo is just walk behind it until it starts to shoot sparks. It forces the opponent to do something and if the don't approach it the right way its very easy to punish... If they jump, u-tilt/bair... If they attack it, ftilt or scg.

~easy

Top Bottom