• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you think will be at the starting roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
So,when you first put in SSBB(after you do your super happy dance of joy,of course), which characters do you think the game will start with? I think the game will probably have the ones they did in SSBM,although Jigglypuff and Luigi might not be unlockable anymore, and they'll have Wario(the first guy I play with!),Pit,and Metaknight.

Also, any unconfirmed new character you think they'll start with? I think Diddy and either Wolf/Krystal,Falco might be startable. Whats your opinon?

The Director

Smash Lord
I don't know who would be the starting roster, but returning characters from Melee that will most likely be unlockable will probably be:

Luigi (for some reason he needs to be a secret character :rolleyes: )
Jigglypuff (been a secret character since Smash 64)
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth

I think Falco will be on the starting roster, leaving Krystal and Wolf to be unlockable.

I probably missed a couple...

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
I am inclined to believe that Krystal will be available from the get-go. If she uses her staff as her primary weapon, it would provide for a different fighting style than any other character. Which is something you would think they would want to showcase from the start.

As for unlockables, I can see Captain Olimar and Chibi Robo being unlockable.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
^^Sorry to repeat your statement, I must have been typing this when you posted.

The characters that were confirmed in the trailers will most likely be available from the beginning, exept for Snake. In a response to fan email, Sakurai stated that he would make Snake and all other guest characters into unlockables. So those of you hoping to play as Snake when you first start up the game, it sucks to be you.

Read SamuraiPanda's Translation Thread
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Zelda
Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Marth
Pit

No Ness... he's Lucas now, and secret for some reason.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Oh we're supposed to predict who will be unlockables too? Ok, while I don't know who will make it or not, I can safetly make assumptions who will make NOT make from Melee to Brawl. Here is a short list...

Jigglypuff
Roy
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Mewtwo
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Sheik

There it is. While I don't agree with my own list here (weird huh?), I have a hunch that some of these, if not all of these will get the boot. If you want to know why, just ask. I don't want to type it all right know, it would take too much time.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Wario
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Zelda
Samus
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Pikachu
Captain Falcon
Marth
Pit

No Ness... he's Lucas now, and secret for some reason.
That sounds like a surprisingly sensible roster. I'd expect one or two other new characters who have yet to be announced as well. Maybe Krystal/Falco/Wolf, and possibly someone from a newer franchise (Olimar, Chibi-Robo) or someone from an older franchise (Little Mac).

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
Jiggly's probably staying. Marth, too. Game & Watch, I hope he stays. The rest of your list is entire plausible though.
As for me, I wanna see Krystal and Metaknight from the start. That'd rock. ^_^

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Well, from who we've seen:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Fox McCloud
Wario
Meta Knight
Pit

So basically, everybody except Solid Snake, who's probably going to be an unlockable. (Some secret that is. XP)

And adding to that, the following from Melee:

Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Zelda
Ice Climbers
Marth

Luigi and Jigglypuff could continue their tradition of being easy as hell to unlock secret characters, and I really doubt will see a separate character slot for guys like Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link or Roy. Ganondorf, Falco and Mewtwo can be unlockables again, abiet redesigned so the earlier two aren't clones and the latter one doesn't suck as much. Oh, and Mr. Game & Watch would be unlockable again, probably right before you begin unlocking 3rd party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom