• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who do you prefer Olimar or Alph?

Who would you rather play as?

• Olimar

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Alph

Votes: 20 32.8%

• Total voters

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Olimar, by a longshot. Alph's bug-eyes and obtrusive freckles just really get to me somehow. It's almost distracting, quite frankly.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I prefer Alph. Maybe it's because I started to check the series out with Pikmin 3 and he was the character I liked the most in the game.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
I love Olimar, and Pikmin 2 is my favorite game of all time, but I prefer playing as Alph. I was sad when they got rid of the Bumblebee Olimar costume and I really dig Pikmin 3, so I play default Alph now.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
As much as I adore Olimar the Family Man-- *Cue any one of SF Guile's Themes*
Anyways, I gotta give the nod to Alph, for he's like the Advance Wars!Jake (plus the engineer occupation that I actually wish boosted his technological use abilities... and minus all the probably-horribly-outdated-by-now gangsta slang) to Olimar being Advance Wars!Andy, except far older and nowhere as comedically dumb, and also not being a wrench-wielding mechanic. He also gets to rep his crew members' outfits, which I usually always start off FG Teams sessions with when I do bring him out, especially Charlie. Of his outfits however, I adore Alphimar the most, since he gets to look like Olimar, without actually being him. Plus I think Alph pulls off his color scheme better than Olimar himself does, for his open eyes and his freckles make him look younger than he probably actually is. XD

'Course, if I DO get to a 5th round, I'll rep Olimar to be visually fresh and able to imagine any of SF Guile's Themes blaring for any moments where I'm mounting a comeback of some kind, especially if I'm in FG Teams and I'm paired up with Villlager, Toon Link, Ness, and Lucas (when he's out, of course).

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
Olimar as a character... Alph for his palette swaps...

I'll give the nod to Alph, because pink. :D

(Though if he was an option, I'd pick Louie!)

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I like alph better because pikmin 3 was my first pikmin game and I think olimar is weird looking and I don't like how he talks but ohh well people Love the originals more often

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have anything against Alph, but I have fond memories of Brawl and the first two Pikmin games, so I usually go with green Olimar.

If Alph were a clone or semi-clone rather than an alt, I'd probably use him more. As he is now, I mainly play as him when I feel like using my second favorite costumes/palettes for people.

This may not be all that realistic, but my ideal scenario would be for Alph to be a separate character (with a possible Brittany alt) and for Olimar to have a Louie alt. I got a bit attached to Louie in 2 and while I'm not a fan of how he's portrayed in 3, I still think it'd be neat for him to make an appearance in Smash. I understand that his proportions are a bit different from Olimar, but I don't think that would be too big of a problem since Alph and Olimar also have slightly different proportions.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
This is one of the main reasons why I play Olimar (nah, is a lie but I like to say this because I think is cool jajajaja).

As you can see, we don't need to "open" our eyes to show our potential jjajajaajaj.

Last edited:

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
idk, I just don't like the way alph looks >.>, I rather have more colour outfit options for Olimar

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
It seems interesting and I would change to Alph because of the rock pikmin, like a lot the idea of deal serious damage to the shield.

Top Bottom