• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who do you guys use vs mewtwo ?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
Hey whats up fox playes i play fox falco marth shelda. I just wanted to get you input on who you use in the mewtwo matchup or if you use fox how do you play it. I have alot of trouble dealing with this character so any help would be appreciated.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Either a spacey or Marth just because spacey's have laser and U-airs and Marth can punish recovery with D-airs. But I haven't been to a Pm tournament in awhile so some of this information may be irrelevant.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Good luck dairing a sweetspotted teleport with Marth. More likely he stalls on the ledge and laughs as you SD for trying to gimp him. It's a doable matchup, but trying to gimp him isn't the best idea.

Sheik's not a bad choice. One of the only characters with any reasonable chance to gimp his recovery, good combos, can crouch/dash under some of his stuff. Spacies are okay but it's so easy for Mewtwo to get you offstage and gimp with bair.

Whoever you choose, stage selection is important. Small to medium stages with few platforms, high ceilings, and close blast zones are usually best against him, character particulars permitting... So basically GHZ. Good Mewtwos will ban it any chance they get though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom