• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who complements Wario the best?

Wrok

Smash Rookie
I really love Wario and his abilities as a fighter. However I really get destroyed by allot of my friends who use primarily sword users. I have been messing around with R.O.B. a bit and some Zelda/Sheik, but just wanted to get some insight into what you guys have been doing for a secondary character.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
pick up diddy. His naners can mess with the approach of marths and metaknights, and force them to approach in the air. Use the peanut gun to pelt at them in the air, and when they do get through, powershield, grab, throw forwards, and start your naner tricks.

i'm thinking right now that diddy will be top 5 because he can handle marths and metaknights well, and i think those are the top two guys.

so if i was a wario main having trouble with them, i'd pick up diddy.

ROB is not a bad choice either, although he can have trouble keeping metaknight at bay.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
ROB is pretty good, decent range and two fast and strong projectiles, hes my third main actually:chuckle:!

Drezel

Smash Cadet
lol if you wanted to be really gay you could use their own character against them...although metaknight b spam is pretty cheap so w/e

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I couldn't get much done against all the Toon Links and Marths at a tourney yesterday so I used IC and G&W. They worked well.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Toon link, Pick him up.
He's great IMO
But hes pretty overused, takes away the fun. And besides, why choose a character you don't really like:confused:? At least thats just me, if you like him, then thats great:)!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Toon Link is way overused. Everyone and their grandma is tier whoring the heck outta Toon Link. I think it's better to have some originality and use a character you really like.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
umm ok when you say sword users:::

im asuming your referring to marth and ike?

-wario eats ike for breakfast dude. i three stock almost every ike i play.-

marth i can understand, his fairs are a ***** to get out of sometimes.

and i know your not talking about link...cause he is no match for a capable wario

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
My secondary is Yoshi, but thats probably because he was my main in melee. A lot of Wario's moves are similar to Yoshi's. Fsmashes are pretty much the exact same thing, Yoshi's bair and Wario's dair are both rapid attacks with a knockback at the end, bite and egg lay, yeah... lol. The only difference is that Yoshi has a bit more range, but isn't quite as quick to execute as Wario, lacks a little bit of priority, and his recovery is still easily gimped. I still love egg toss, it's good for people who try to camp you. Yoshi's pivot grab is really awesome, its got a bit of range and is pretty quick.

Top Bottom