• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can defeat every opponent with little problems as Dedede?

ZeroPeachDedede

Smash Rookie
I ask this because I've noticed that not many people are fans of Dedede. Since they aren't fans, they don't give him enough time to appreciate his style of fighting, so defeating his rivals is too much of a problem for those who would play, for example, Link, Ike, or Fox.

I'm not one to show off and I'm not doing it now, but I play Dedede regularly as a favorite character of mine, so I can honestly say that I can and have defeated friends who have played quicker characters. It just takes practice, practice, practice.

Is there anyone out there who considers Dedede their favorite as well?

yellowdee

Smash Apprentice
Yessir! Dedede rocks it! I've never seen people do rapid midair waddle tosses, which is a shame. You can make Dedede campier than Fox or Falco, let me tell you. You can adjust the aim, power, and timing of the tosses to get a waddle-wall going as well. If your opponent tries to rush you, bam; nair, dair, inhale. I'm surprised this wasn't nerfed at all in 3.5. Glad it wasn't though!

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
It's not that people are not fans of Dedede but rather that there are very few high placing Dedede mains which discourages other players from picking him up.

And regarding the Waddle-Dash; yeah it's useful, but don't abuse it as it is relatively laggy now and can be punished if you try to use it offensively. It's best used as a recovery and mix-up option as it's tremendous momentum is really helpful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom