• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who can DDD NOT chaingrab???

S0X

Smash Cadet
Recently my friend told me DDD can't chaingrab every character but he had to go before he told me which ones. I haven't seen any videos of him not succesfuly chain grabbing but who CAN'T he chaingrab, and is what my friend told me even true.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who falls from his down throw. Lovage got it pretty much right, about a third of the cast. However, he can sort of tech chase after they fall or follow it up with another attack.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Its similar to Fox's Shine in Melee. When hit by the shine, some characters slide, some hit the ground. Falco, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and many others hit the ground (the birth of Thunders' combo) and most characters slid a varying distance. Luigi slid way far, Link not so much (the birth of infinite waveshining.)

Some characters slide when Dthrown by Dedede, some hit the ground, those that hit the ground can be techchased or, most often, Ftilted.

sweetooth

Smash Ace
cool stuff, but i found that if the oppsing player doesnt really know whats going on you can pretty much CG anyone. lol, sure it won't work in tournys but oh well.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The smaller lighter characters can't be chaingrabbed. I remember seeing a list of who DDD vould chaingrab someone posted on the forums, but I dk where it is now.

Top Bottom