• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Are the Premier Shulk Players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Hello Shulk mains! I recently picked up Shulk and find he is incredibly fun to use. I'm considering using him as a secondary to Dark Pit, so I'm doing research on his potential before dedicating lots of time to him. Part of my process is watching how professional players use a character. For example, I studied Shofu, Jtails, Zero and Nairo using Dark Pit. So I'm asking: who are the premier Shulk players out there?
Note: I asked this on the Q and A thread, but I never received an answer. And I didn't see anything related to this on the Directory.

Okay, I guess I'll let this through

But if you want Premier Shulk players, then there's Gnes and 9B. That's about it. It's difficult to find videos of them though

Edit: Silentdoom and Jerm (The Shulk)

Last edited:

MaxRevenge

Smash Cadet
Distant Kingdom for sure. Watch his tutorials + montages, they really help. :)

He has really good knowledge of the Monado arts. Be sure to MASTER these arts fully and research their stats. They make or break a Shulk player. Seriously.

I've seen a lot of Shulks online (and even in competitive play) that use the arts incorrectly and this really screws them up. I think in one tournament a Shulk put on Buster when the enemy was at like 100% ...

Last edited:

Taitsu

Smash Rookie
Isn't Trela playing Shulk too? I know he switched to Ryo recently, but i think he won a few tournaments with Shulk.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Isn't Trela playing Shulk too? I know he switched to Ryo recently, but i think he won a few tournaments with Shulk.
Trela hasn't played Shulk seriously in tournament in months, he's hardly a relevant example anymore.

Boomstick720

Smash Rookie
As many have said, Jerm is probably the best known Shulk.

If you count "wi-fi" as being good, the second best player on Anther's Ladder this season, and I believe third best last season, is a heavy Shulk main named DragonBrain. His play with the Shield Art has me completely convinced that Shulk is massively untapped in terms of competitive viability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom