• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Wii U Bundle would you recommend?

Which one should I get?

• Total voters

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! Welcome to my very first thread. ;) Which WII U Bundle would you recommend, New Super Mario Bros. & Luigi U, or Wind Waker? Post below!

I purchased the Wii U Mario & Luigi bundle for the following reasons:

1. It was the only bundle available at the store and I was itching to get a Wii U.
2. I can always buy the WW game separately cheaper than buying Mario & Luigi separately.
3. I probably would not have read much of the online book with the WW game and I like a physical CD.

This thread was originally posted when I was wondering which bundle I should get, before I purchased the Wii U. View the spoiler below for my original post:

I want to get a Wii U. Which bundle would you recommend, and can you list pros and cons of each?

I have never played WW, but loved Twilight Princess. I have Super Mario Bros. for Wii, and am wondering if the one for Wii U is really similar. I love Luigi though and love Link and Zelda in Smash. All in all, I like both franchises. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Thanks for the vote as well! link and ike lover also brought up on my profile that WW takes longer to beat and the two Mario games (well one Luigi game) have only 8 worlds each and take less time.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Thanks for the vote as well! link and ike lover also brought up on my profile that WW takes longer to beat and the two Mario games (well one Luigi game) have only 8 worlds each and take less time.
and they both are like the same thing

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hey everyone! Welcome to my very first thread. ;)

I want to get a Wii U. Which bundle would you reccommend, and can you list pros and cons of each?

I have never played WW, but loved Twilight Princess. I have Super Mario Bros for Wii, and am wondering if the one for Wii U is really similar. All in all, I like both franchises. Thanks in advance!
i bet Super Mario Bros for Wii will be the same thing as Super Mario Bros for Wii u only the stages will be different of course and the bosses

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yeah I was thinking that. I also really like Luigi though and glad he is getting attention and his own games. I may end up buying Luigi U separately someday.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Yeah I was thinking that. I also really like Luigi though and glad he is getting attention and his own games. I may end up buying Luigi U separately someday.
good idea if u like Luigi. Keep in mind; the Wind Waker one comes with a Gamepad gilded with golden Japanese letters telling the story of Ocarina if Time.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
Definitely think you should go WW. You get a good lengthy game out of it and theres just more to do. Plus you seem like a Zelda fan!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Definitely think you should go WW. You get a good lengthy game out of it and theres just more to do. Plus you seem like a Zelda fan!

Thanks for your input! :D I loved Twilight Princess (and I love Link and Zelda in Smash), but it's the only one I played.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Definitely Windwaker. The box is cool, the Gamepad is customized slightly, you get a Hyrule Historia digital book (big for Zelda fans!) and a fantastic game. No brainer.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
u look like a WW fan right
Yes I am! However, it's probably behind Majora's Mask for my favorite Zelda title. WW is one of the best Zelda games though IMO.

Thanks for your input! :D I loved Twilight Princess (and I love Link and Zelda in Smash), but it's the only one I played.
Twilight Princess is definitely a great game too. I'd say give WW a shot!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
from a cost standpoint it would be more beneficial to go at the Mario & Luigi bundle. i mean that's an $90 value of savings while the Zelda one is $40. however, if u want the Zelda one because its decorated and comes with the Zeldapedia, i say go for it. personally i would go Mario & Luigi just cause of the savings. like i said the WWHD game is only worth $40 (at least in my area). no matter what though, i would buy a Donkey Kong Wii U before either of these lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
from a cost standpoint it would be more beneficial to go at the Mario & Luigi bundle. i mean that's an $90 value of savings while the Zelda one is $40. however, if u want the Zelda one because its decorated and comes with the Zeldapedia, i say go for it. personally i would go Mario & Luigi just cause of the savings. like i said the WWHD game is only worth $40 (at least in my area). no matter what though, i would buy a Donkey Kong Wii U before either of these lol.

Not necessarily true when you consider:

1) The Hyrule Historia book adds an additional $20 to the savings amount (which then comes to $60)
2) You get a limited edition Zelda skinned Wii U Gamepad which also adds value
and
3) Wind Waker is a much meatier game than the Super Marios in general (at least individually)

I'd say the value is about even. It just mostly comes down to whether you're more of a Mario fan or Zelda fan.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Completely forgot about the costs of the individual games for awhile there, very good point, thanks for your input! :D (I'd get a DK Tropical Freeze bundle before Mario for sure)

Edit: Just saw your post, The Real Gamer. God this is hard, very good points too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd say WW just because it comes with a decorated wii u tablet

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I got the Mario and Luigi one because of a Black Friday sale.
Also I like physical copies of games, which he WW bundle does not have. Plus I already have Hyrule Historia.
But still, the driving point was the Black Friday deal.

But that was just me. In all honesty, I think it depends. If you've never played WW before, then go for that.
If you have, I think Mario is still worth checking out.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'm waiting for either a Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros. 4 bundle. Hopefully by then the Wii U will see a substantial price drop.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yeah, I live in Tennessee right now. I haven't seen the Zombie Bundle anywhere yet but I probably will soon if it's in Arizona. I would definitely get the Super Smash Bros. 4 bundle if they ever had that haha but IDK if I can wait that long!

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
I'm planning on buying the Wind Waker bundle when I grab some cash, I've played Wind Waker a handful of times and even managed to 100% it. It took awhile, but I'm thinking I'll be doing it again on the Wii U. Taking all those photos was a total nuisance for 100% though.

Spaceman

twitch.tv/spacemanstream
NNID
youlosttotoadgg
3DS FC
3497-1911-1309
Congrats on buying the console, I envy you; I really want to pick up a Wii U, but I lack the funds. I want to pick mine up in time for Mario Kart 8, at least. I'm sure they'll bundle that game up; I'll also nap one of those pro controllers, just for a few other titles.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Congrats on buying the console, I envy you; I really want to pick up a Wii U, but I lack the funds. I want to pick mine up in time for Mario Kart 8, at least. I'm sure they'll bundle that game up; I'll also nap one of those pro controllers, just for a few other titles.
Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far, but cannot wait for Smash and I will probably buy Mario Kart 8 as well. Hopefully by then there will be a deal or the price will decrease for your sake. :D I am broke now lol the tax was ridiculous too.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Thanks! I'm enjoying it so far, but cannot wait for Smash and I will probably buy Mario Kart 8 as well. Hopefully by then there will be a deal or the price will decrease for your sake. :D I am broke now lol the tax was ridiculous too.
the tax was ridiculously high it was dumb! i will be buying ssb4, hyrule warriors and Zelda hd. i get u im broke to

Top Bottom