• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which third party gamecube adaptor is the best?

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
I'm getting more and more annoyed with how sensitive the control stick of my Hori controller is, it's time to start using an actual Gamecube controller

However, I'm not paying the ridiculous prices online for the official adaptors so I was looking up some third party ones. I was reluctant at first because third party accessories always have that stigma about them where their quality can't match that of the official ones.

These two are the best from what I've seen

Mayflash:

Nexilux:

So which one do you guys recommend? I've read some reviews where people have had input lag issues, but those seem to be really rare so I'll take my chances.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't have all models (only mayflash) so I can't tell but I am a scrublord who takes input lag as my own lack of skill and adapts to it so don't listen to me. My computer ran Skyrim at 10 FPS in fights so I compensated by being a sneaky archer type and finishing the fight before it started.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I haven't even heard of the second one. Once I saw the Mayflash name on the adapter, I knew it would be good.
Don't forget "You get what you pay for"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just make sure you get the 4-port Nayflash over the 1 or 1-port. I've heard the 1 and 2 both have slight (but noticeable) lag.

Xavix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xavix5
I have the mayflash 4-port + pc adapter and I can confirm it works amazingly without input lag. I would highly recommend it

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Get the mayflash. It is dirt cheap and works amazing. I have an official Nintendo adapter, but also bought a mayflash adapter. All of my friends have a mayflash and I have given out a couple as giveaways on my Twitch channel.

Top Bottom