• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which prescription is best?

What's your fighting method for Doc?

• Punish

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Rushdown

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
Hey y'all, I've recently been getting better with Doc but I seem to be having a bit of trouble. My playstyle conists of rushdowns and punishes but lately I've been having trouble deciding which strategy is best for Doc. I try to keep it balanced but I often leave myself open for attacks a lot or I don't take the plunge to attack. Which tactic do y'all usually do?

D

Deleted member

I balance things out like you do it. Take advantage of his powerful projectile to keep the foe afar and rack up damage, and always try to gimp with the cape. And if a slow attack misses, run in and POW!!

Last edited by a moderator:

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
While you can kind of rushdown with Doc, it's really not what he's suited for considering his weak mobility. Truthfully, if you wanna go rushdown, Mario is a lot better for that (and a lot safer at it, too).

However, if I'm being honest, I wouldn't focus too much on "Rushdown vs. Punish," since getting locked in to one might prevent you from switching to the other when the opportunity presents itself. Instead, focus more on getting in and staying in, but knowing when to get out. You don't need to immediately engage (a lot of tools doc would use for that are punishable), but try and put as much pressure on your opponent as you can to force them to give you an opening.

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be really hard to be consistent with either without a really good strategy; shield is extremely good and grabs are essentially quick unblockables. I would just stick to using mostly safe moves and playing things by match-up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom