• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Pac - Man design is your most favorite!?

Which one is your favorite Pacman?

• Original PAC man. Gotta go with the pizza PAC man.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Retro 3D. He's 3D but looks retro which is a nice mix.

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • New Disney PAC Man. Love his expressions and new character personality.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I hate PAC Man.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Prefer none.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • R.I.P Lloyd, Kolea, Kos-Mos, Sophitia, Ivy and Tekkan

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters

Morbi

Scavenger
I am fairly fond of his classic original cheese-wheel design. I do not mind that one we have in Smash though, it is my second favorite. Not only that, but my favorite variation is incorporated into his move-set anyways. So I could not be more happy with his design.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Tekkan? o.o Tekken* :D

Anyways. I like the Pac that we got here. I feel like one of the few people who actually accepted his 3D incarnation.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
His design in Smash is pretty cute, so I will go with it. I am very fond of the pizza design too because of nostalgic reasons.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I love his Retro 3D, reminds me of my favorite Pac-Man game "Pac-Man World 2"

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well I prefer 3D Pac-Man as a design, however, I worry about the more casual fans seeing this Pac-Man. Traditional 2D Pac-Man is by far the most iconic. Personally, I only found out about 3D Pac-Man when I joined this site. I had never heard of any of his "Pac-Man World" games, and I am almost certain that I wouldn't have done if not for this site as well. I am concerned about the kids who get this game and unlock Pac-Man, only to see his 3D design and to get so confused. This could be clever for marketing the series, but then again, Pac-Man is such a forgotten series in general besides his very first arcade game, and as such will probably not bring in many sales even with the advertisement in this game. That's all, though...

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I wanted the eyeless, limbless Pacman for SSB4. I think I realized how illogical that was; there are not many unique attacks one can create with that design. But the limbless design is more unique and fun to me than the humanized design. I am particularly thankful the limbless design appears in certain animations! Anyway, I am surprised the design revealed was chosen, since I expected to see the new design from the cartoon to appear.

Thanks to Bauske's post about Pac-Mania music, I now realize Pacman's limbless design was used more than once. In Pac-Mania, Pacman had no legs or arms, but he still had eyes. That is perhaps my most preferred route.
We have many characters with arms and legs, so Pacman could have contrasted that. He could have a bunch of headbutts and spits and tackles.

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I know I'm in the minority here, but I voted for the new Disney design. I really enjoy it, even though everyone says it's creepy.

That said, I also really love classic Pac-Man. I grew up with him and have always adored how happy and carefree he is. The trailer for Pac-Man perfectly personified him, and I couldn't have asked for a better design and move set. In motion, I actually prefer this design to his GA incarnation.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why isn't Hanna Barbara Pac Man on the list?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Double post, BUT

2012671-bfdcf1081fc0f45370999ee62f85e424.jpg

THAT is my favorite design of Pac Man

Azureyoshi

Smash Rookie
Awww, I wish I could vote for both the Retro 3D & GA designs. (I really like them both) :4pacman:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think Sakurai really hit the nail on the head by giving us the 3D retro and incorporating the pizza Pac. Easily the most iconic representation of the character... As further evidenced by this poll.
Pac-Man Party is my preference, but it wasn't an option.
I totally agree. It was basically just 3D retro but with cool shoes... And some blue in the eyes. Sucker for cool shoes.

I will hold my vote until Pac-Man Party Pac is an option.

I hated that game though. It was awful.

:093:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I don't prefer any one design at all. Pac-Man is a surprisingly simple character to model/draw, and that's cool.:4pacman:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Yeah, I gotta go with the Anniversary look too. The Pac-Man World look is nice, but the new look has so much more emotion to it. Plus, I would pay LOADSAMONEY for a real life pair of his new Pac-Sneakers.

Top Bottom