• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which game is better?

Which game is better?

• Total voters

Shears

Smash Master
So I had a theory about smash and I wanted to see which was better and so I created a poll. Theres several different games with the smash community and so I decided to generalize it into two hypothetical games for a case study to see what everyone would prefer. We will call these two games Game A and Game B.

Game A:
-You are not free to move around the game. Movement is restricted to certain areas and certain moves can only be performed in certain areas (think of this like not being able to aerials on the ground or smashes in the air). There is no gray area, it is black and white, and every time you push the envelope, master hand comes in and crushes you for a stock.
-There are a few players who can do whatever they want, unplug your controller, ban you from their tournaments. They get this permission because they're the authorities of the game and get to make up the decisions and rulesets and aren't held to them either (think of this as salty TOs, or people like mew2king who will just rage quit if they think someone is being too campy and they think they're ok to do that).
-The most popular game. Everyone plays it, everyone is there despite it maybe being inferior (think of this as everyone using pj64k instead of mupen64k, or people playing melee instead of 64).

Game B:
-Do whatever you want, have unlimited freedom of moves and movement (think of this as a personal Project M where you can design it to whatever you want).
-Everyone is equal and no one controls anyone. Rules and the environment is decided by community and not a few people who sucked some peoples ***** to be authorities (think of this as true democracy and not a totalitarian nazi dictatorship).
-Its not very popular. Its the better game but people don't play it because everyone is already playing Game A.

So what would you guys vote for? Everyone want to stay here and play Game A, or move to a new game like Game B?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
game c - kero the great bangs ur mom

other in-game stories include kero the great banging ur sister and kero the great banging ur dog

play at least 100 matches to unlock the mode where kero the great bangs ur mom, sister, and dog at the same time

Annex

Smash Ace
idt you have to put so much effort and words into this weak-ass metaphor
you could just suggest it outright and it probably wouldn't get locked

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
game c - kero the great bangs ur mom

other in-game stories include kero the great banging ur sister and kero the great banging ur dog

play at least 100 matches to unlock the mode where kero the great bangs ur mom, sister, and dog at the same time
Why is there no option for game c?

Please add this option or redo the poll. The results are obviously going to be skewed if not corrected.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Game B due to the 2nd reason.

If the banning people were trolls from 64, none of us would play A anyway.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
ok so i didn't understand what this post was refering to at all. which option is smash 64? i pick that one

Shears

Smash Master
ok so i didn't understand what this post was refering to at all. which option is smash 64? i pick that one
The whole post is a metaphor.

SB and the mods are Game A

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
gameA.PNG

What is this?!

Some guy from the Smash 4 threads voted for this and another one voted for Game B.

Also, why is Sangoku suddenly opposed to freedom? He was our last hope.

RIP Sangoku-sama

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sangoku = Kahnu is the worst __ = __ theory yet, I am offended that THE HOMIE Sangoku is even compared to a poster as gross as Kahnu

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i don't have anything against mods. The problem is when a mod comes in here with 0 understanding of the social dynamic and general idea of how the 64 section functions and starts closing down threads and handing out infractions. we need a 64 mod that actually is a poster here

Top Bottom