• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters balance Link best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
So, I main Link and Rosalina & Luma in ssb4, mostly Link though. I am looking for a character to play off Link's weaknesses and to combo well with him. Because, my friend and I are going to do a 2 v 2 tourney in July. Any ideas? I was thinking Fox with a Link DThrow into Fox's Fair. Or Zelda with same reasons.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You don't have time for extensive bomb tricks or amazing team combos while stuck in an average team game: you'll be lucky to have a bomb out because there's constantly opponents forcing you into CQC. Link in CQC is just a bad Ike. Dair is nice off-stage, Uair and Jab and Utilt are promising, Fsmash kills early, but beyond that Link has nothing in teams. His useless grab and awful grab pay-off disadvantage him greatly. He is open to gimps, not that great in CQC, is a little slow and doesn't make up for it enough in power. Certain counterpicks disadvantage team Links immensely too and there's no way you can ban them all. There are characters that completely shut down Link in teams, like Yoshi, Sheik, Diddy, Rosa, because their neutral completely outmatches Link's in close-up.

Link's Dthrow doesn't combo into anything reliably, not even a teampartner's move, at higher percents, since its knockback growth is huge and it's easily DIable at that point, making it so that even your teampartner has to predict how the opponent will DI.

If you're going to use Link in teams, the most important rule is that your teampartner's character must actually be good. Or go double Link for fun. Also, ask in the Q&A thread next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom