• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters are harder or easier to play online?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Because of latency, input lag and other small details, playing online and offline is considerably different. There are characters that are easier to play offline than online, I think. And vice-versa. So the question is, who do you think is harder or easier to play in an online environment?

I think :4pikachu: is the hardest to play well online, because of its main mechanics. Quick Attack is not as reliable as it should be if there's input lag and trying to gimp with Pikachu when lagging is pretty much asking to SD and lose the match. It's a shame because I planned to main it along Villager when the game was released, but I eventually swapped Pikachu for Bowser Jr. Though tbh, besides Villager, I am still not set on my "mains".

On the other hand, :4samus: and :4ness: are much easier to play online than offline. The minimal input lag makes it much harder to avoid PK Thunder 2 and PK Fire, as well as Samus' Charge Shot. Although in Ness' case, the input lag can screw up his recovery really hard, so I don't know if he really counts as an "easier to play online" character.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Any characters that take precision to play well such as :4marth:are more difficult to play online compared to a character like :4mario:

Typically if the character you're playing requires you to perform AT's you're more than likely going to have a harder time compared to those who don't rely on it as much.

Elite_Akumus

Smash Rookie
The more projectile reliable & the more brute force the character has, the more easier the character is use effectively online.

Last edited:

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Projectile users. Characters that can just get away from you and attack safely without punishment

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
:4marth:is a pain to use online sometimes. I really hate how I'll end up using Dolphin Slash or Counter in the middle of Dancing Blade when I try to go for the up or down variations.

I also find :4robinf: more difficult to play online. It feels like a bunch of weights are tied on me.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
People with moves that have a lot more lag like Ike or some of Link's are harder for me to play online, because I'm not always able to shield on reaction to not get punished if i accidentally miss or use a move I didn't mean to use. Robin's grab can be atrociously hard to land in lag, along with Nosferatu. I end up playing Lucina online to practice my Marth, just in case there's lag.

I find more, I guess more simple than others for a lack of a better description, characters to be significantly easier to play online. People like Mario and Doc, or the Pits for example.

Top Bottom