• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's the hitbox for Zelda's fair/bair?

not pete

Smash Rookie
I've been told many times that it's in the very tip of her foot, yet sometimes, it still doesn't connect.
Is it somewhere else? Or is it actually located there, and I need to practice landing it? Thanks!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's centered on her foot. One of the sourspot hitboxes is about x2.5 larger than it and centered on the same spot, so it reaches further than the sweetspot does; aiming for the tip of her foot can give you the weak hit, as a result.

Don't take it as exact, but the hitboxes on the move look something like this (blue = sweetspot)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I've been told many times that it's in the very tip of her foot, yet sometimes, it still doesn't connect.
Is it somewhere else? Or is it actually located there, and I need to practice landing it? Thanks!
The sweetspot is more like...the center of her actual foot. Basically the center of the glowing part. Keep in mind the sweetspot is also only active for one frame.

For practice you could just go into training mode and repeatedly LK the standing AI. This will help you learn the timing and hitbox placement. Then you can "graduate" to moving characters, aerial targets, small characters, and dodge punishes (my fav).

Sometimes I'll just dedicate like 15 minutes or so in Training to landing sweetspots. And if I really feel like having fun, I'll go into FG with the tag "MeleeZelda" and only use Kicks and Dsmash.

If you don't feel like practicing that much, don't worry. Her sweetspots naturally come as you use her more. Good luck!

Top Bottom