• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

where to find 64 controler?

whitekirby9

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-2712-4478
i have a wii that can download Super smash bros 64, but i need to know where to get a 64 controller
OTHER THAN ONLINE AND SMASHBOARDS
thanks!

LimeSoda

Smash Cadet
Google Video Game Store and all chains should come up--places like Mega Media Xchange that sell OG controllers, too.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
i have a wii that can download Super smash bros 64, but i need to know where to get a 64 controller.
The Virtual Console version of Super Smash Bros. 64 is a lot of fun. In fact, I just played it the other day with my friend Doug when I was at his house visiting. We both used Classic Controller Pro's because we wanted to go wireless but I still prefer using the awesome GameCube controller.

The N64 controller is generally pretty horrible when compared to the GameCube controller. The latter is much more durable and tends to fit better in people's hands. It can also be used with all the other console Smash games so it's good to get used to using it. You can buy brand new GC controllers almost anywhere. GameStop has them for $30 although you can sometimes find them for less from on-line retailers. I got the fancy white Smash edition controller recently for just $27 with free shipping and no tax. Here's a photo.

The text is in Japanese because the white Smash edition GC controller is exclusive to that region. There's no lockout so I can use this controller with my North American GameCube, Wii and Wii U making it a fantastic value.

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
I got the fancy white Smash edition controller recently for just $27 with free shipping and no tax. Here's a photo.
Does this version of the gamecube controller have the locky triggers? I've heard of (and seen firsthand) newer GC controllers with triggers that lock up unless pressed from exactly the right angle. Really annoying to me, as someone used to N64 button triggers.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Does this version of the gamecube controller have the locky triggers? I've heard of (and seen firsthand) newer GC controllers with triggers that lock up unless pressed from exactly the right angle. Really annoying to me, as someone used to N64 button triggers.
I haven't taken it out of the box yet to test it. I have heard rumors that the triggers on the newer GC controllers do lock up, though.

Top Bottom