• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where should I start competing

markieblue

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5412-9918-9468
I joined smashboards about a month ago... I'm pretty new and I'm thinking about joining tournaments. I've been playing since 2007. I started with melee and left melee for brawl later on. Since I'm young i hadn't known the cons of leaving melee (being only 7 of course i played whatever.) I've played Project M for about a month and i know i have a long way to go. Although not very good at project M so far I decided i was pretty experienced at Brawl playing it for about 2 years.

I apologize for introductions at a thread like this but when/where should i start competing? Should i only do online tournaments? Please give me an insight on how i should be competing. Thanks :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's not much love for online tournaments around these parts, but given that you're hindered by your age and lack of experience (which aren't bad things. I was the same age when I got into Smash), it may be the smart thing to do. I can't speak for Project M nor Melee, since I don't play and wasn't around at the time, respectively. The Online Tournament Listings and Project M forums are here.

Once you get a handle on things, can travel around and find your local Smash scene (suggest looking around in the Regional Zones, click here), then you should slowly start seeing whether or not you'd like to play on the competitive level, which takes both years of dedication and constant honing of your skills to truly succeed at, but is certainly both fun and rewarding.

And finally welcome to the site. I hope you find what you're looking for, and enjoy your time here. ^.^

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Hm... Monobear.
What IsmaR said. Also, be careful when doing online tournaments, they can mess up your reflexes, especially for Project M Online.
Melee is pretty active in Cali, so you're pretty lucky.
Hope you have fun!

Top Bottom