• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

where have all the isabelle players gone?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I Never See any Isabelle players on QP or in arena's and competitive wise it's almost like she doesn't even exist(much Like K,Rool)

what went wrong with this character that made her such a rarity to fight online and at tournaments?

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
The most recent patch to fishing rod probably made her drop off a lot for players who play her. A lot of people have also found out how to beat Isabelle, so she has gotten progressively worse as time as gone on.

If you don't know about the fishing rod nerf, here is a video on it: https://youtu.be/2NA37NrYuck

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm thinking the character's moveset doesn't quite work together like it should and the smash attacks are also kinda lackluster. Overall I feel she's a bit of a gimmicky character that just doesn't work. Her down-B for example isn't reliable if enemies are running over it. Doesn't always connect, especially on faster characters. And it doesn't have much synergy with fishing rod from what I've seen.
Also, I know people were excited about her using the slingshot but maybe she could benefit from at least one of those aerials being changed to something completely new?

Top Bottom