• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where are all the Shulks on For Glory?

Sui

Smash Cadet
NNID
sui892001
3DS FC
5344-0231-3607
He has loads of potential, I guess I'm not fond of his moveset and hitboxes.
I guess you have to be really fond of Shulk in general to power through his learning curve. If I hadn't played and loved Xenoblade, I guess I probably would have thrown Shulk aside just because he's not the most user friendly character. Now that I'm used to him though, I quite like his moveset. If I wanted a swordsman that played like a standard swordsman, I'd go play Marth or Lucina or something. >.>

I use Shulk in For Glory all the time, especially in Smash battles. I almost always win with him.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
I picked up Shulk at launch, and managed to get pretty far in For Glory in the early days (acting like a noob Shulk, running Buster against combo-heavy players, never trying Speed/Jump MArts - but I did have the sense to immediately see Back Slash as a surprise tool, punishing zoner/gap closer, and to avoid projectiles) but those tactics started me losing, and I've finally stopped lurking these boards (knew about vectors going in first time, now I can't DI in P:M anymoar :() and am planning to git gud.

Also, Forward Vision kill > Falcon Punch. There. I said it.

But, yeah. Learning curve. That and the fact that SSB in general kind of encourages you to pick your favourites, and Xenoblade Chronicles is far more obscure than the likes of The Legend of Zelda or Pokémon.

Top Bottom