• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whens the best time to bowser-cide

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I generally do it when I have a stock over an opponent and he has low % while I'm at a high %, yeah it's predictable but it helps.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
its hard to do if you try to do it late in a stock when they are fresh if they know to DI. I try to do it rarely if I try it at all. If I'm even on lives with a player I may try it because they may not expect it. But trying it on last stock is asking for trouble, thankfully its still a great move with great damage. I really dont use this as much as I should, but then all my friends know to DI so its effectiveness as an early kill move is cut down.

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
its hard to do if you try to do it late in a stock when they are fresh if they know to DI. I try to do it rarely if I try it at all. If I'm even on lives with a player I may try it because they may not expect it. But trying it on last stock is asking for trouble, thankfully its still a great move with great damage. I really dont use this as much as I should, but then all my friends know to DI so its effectiveness as an early kill move is cut down.
I was not aware that the person being grabbed can affect where/how far Bowser moves.

It is best on the last stock when you are even because if you jump as you kill them you dont die. They die first giving you the win. ( I know it is know, just making sure those talking right now know)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
not if you are in a lower control slot. Then you would have to jump... otherwise it would go to a sudden death. As for the control thing: The more damage a player has compaired to his opponent, the less control he has. The opposite is true when a player has little damage.

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
not if you are in a lower control slot. Then you would have to jump... otherwise it would go to a sudden death. As for the control thing: The more damage a player has compaired to his opponent, the less control he has. The opposite is true when a player has little damage.
I did not know this, I have to see the controller thing for myself. And test the damage = control as well. Is there a thread with the info in it?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I agree with no more of these things but it really doesn't matter because even if they DI correctly they take like 17 percent so who cares.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I agree with no more of these things but it really doesn't matter because even if they DI correctly they take like 17 percent so who cares.
thats really the only reason I use it... Because if you have more control of the move you are losing or winning badly or tied, and really none of the situations warrant the "cide" part.

INX

Smash Rookie
You win. Even in fourth slot versus first slot, Bowsercide in a SD and you win.
if you bowsercide in a SD the lower numbered slot wins. atleast thats what keeps happening to me every time. lets say that if youre both bowser and your opponent has slot one he doesnt lose the stock. if youre slot 2/3/4 you both die and there wont be another sudden death yet somehow the hell win. as for time matches i honestly do not know.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
SBR rules say that Bowsercides on last stock should always be considered a win for Bowser, regardless of what the screen gives you.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
when your one stock ahead and when the player is close to the cliff or at the cliff. Its easier to do on cliff camper or w/e people are calling them now.

Top Bottom