• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when your training....

snackmaster

Smash Rookie
when your like training or practising or whatever, do you sometimes feel like your controlelr is broken. Like im praticing wavedashing and shorthopping, and im like trying so hard and im not doing what i want to do and it makes me feel like my controller that i spent a good amount of money on is like busted or something. Do you guys ever get this feeling?

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Lately i've felt like my L button is broken if that's what you mean. But the controller is very old and recently gone through a lot of L-cancelling, wavedashing, waveshining etc. It seems to be getting less responsive. But if you just think this because you aren't doing whatever you want to do, don't blame the controller o.o.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, you'll know for sure when it's not working properly, if it responds to lightshielding, it's not the controller.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
I think the problem lies with you, not the controller. (I'm assuming you are just recently started picking up advanced techs).

Picking up advance techs makes your fingers feel stupid. Maybe you are trying too hard to do the technique (believe or not, thats makes it even harder). Keep practicing- you will slowly become more competent with the advanced techniques. I had the same problem.

Try playing other GC games. If you notice that your gameplay in the other games are messed up, then its your controller, not you.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom