• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when you are star killed...

ImDaTroof

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been said before and it would really be hard to search, so I didn't, but,

In that video shown at some Japanese event in November, right at the beginning when Mario F-air's Pikachu and Kirby on "Battlefield",(not official name yet), Kirby then does an up-smash and Mario and Link fly up and get instantly killed like you would if you got hit off to the side instead of flying into the back and turning into a star. I dunno, It's right at the beggining and I just noticed it today. If this has been discussed already please lock this thread. If it hasn't please discuss.

Elen

Smash Lord
Wow. I hadn't even noticed. It was probably just an effect for the trailer though, I'm sure we'll have 'star KO's' in the final product. If not, I don't think it makes much of a difference, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all, except maybe that you'd spawn faster in teams xD. Interesting find.

(I don't think this has been brough up before btw but I didnt know how to search for it either.)

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I'm a spanish web it was find the first day, and I find it too (before read the web). There going to be very good, because the dual hits (the two fly one up and the other left or right, the one have gone up wins because the stae kill takes a while to count) can be unfair the cause of win of someone

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, most people just say that it's due to the game being incomplete. It did this in some stages in 1P, I believe, on the multiple enemy parts. It could be just for the trailer to show what's happening since Star KO's take awhile. On that same note, it could a change to the games speed that has been talked about to make all the KO types the same speed and they just hadn't updated the animation so they just used the top KO from those stages in SSBM.

I think this has been talked about in the trailer topics but I don't think it's had it's own thread. I could be wrong, though.

ImDaTroof

Smash Apprentice
Well, most people just say that it's due to the game being incomplete. It did this in some stages in 1P, I believe, on the multiple enemy parts. It could be just for the trailer to show what's happening since Star KO's take awhile. On that same note, it could a change to the games speed that has been talked about to make all the KO types the same speed and they just hadn't updated the animation so they just used the top KO from those stages in SSBM.

I think this has been talked about in the trailer topics but I don't think it's had it's own thread. I could be wrong, though.
I agree, I think they just haven't come up with those animations yet because I guess they're not a prioority. It would be more fair if people died that way and the game would be a lot faster. Maybe It's one of the new special melees. Who knows ?(that would be a pretty weak special melee.) No Star Kill Melee
:chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's the same as KOing wire frames. The game probably wasn't close to being complete anyway so they didn't bother to add that effect.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Maybe it's got something to do with:

- in 4player Melee
Someone gets attacked. Someone flies out the top of the screen. While in the background, someone else gets attacked and dies off the side or bottom of the level and is eliminated before the player in the back becomes a star and is also eliminated.....make sense?

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
Star ko can also often save someone from dying if there's time on and just a little left so it could be to balance that

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
It was probably just for the trailer. But I hope there is a star KO because it leaves time for someone else to fall off faster than you even if you went off-screen first.

Top Bottom