• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will the remaining newcomers be revealed?

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, there's the possibility of one more direct in October or November. However, I'm curious if we could get a Robin-style reveal where just a new trailer is broadcasted out of nowhere.

What do you think?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't know how suitable this thread is to exist on the Newcomer Speculation tab, but if you want my prediction on how the characters will be released is this:

October Nintendo Direct: Shadow confirmed as Sonic Echo, Bandana Dee confirmed as playable fighter.

Random trailer revealing Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven appears on Nintendo's YouTube

November (Smash?) Direct: Dry Bowser, Dixie Kong, and Impa confirmed as Bowser, Diddy Kong, and Sheik Echoes, respectively. We would also see Incineroar's reveal as a playable fighter, and Geno is revealed as an assist trophy. More returning assist trophies are revealed, but Geno's would be more produced, due to him only previously appearing as a Mii costume.

Trailer a week before launch showcasing the big reveal: Isaac from Golden Sun finally got into Smash 5.

Game released.

This is not a leak in any means, but I predict a timeline of character releases similar to something like this. Two more directs before game release, with one being focused on Smash and the (Spirits?) mode. I would assume there will be no more than 4 new characters, and echoes are sprinkled throughout the news. Maybe a few trailers here and there, which I included.

Ah well, I'm probably breaking one of the Smashboards rules, and if I am, I apologize.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think there's only one direct left for Smash reveals. But it will be a Smash direct. Don't know if it will either be in October or November though. Either is plausible for different reasons.

Could be October because big Smash news drops seem to be bi-monthly (June: E3 Direct where a big focus was on introducing the game, July: Nothing, August: Smash Direct, September: Normal direct but contained at least one character reveal at the very end, October: Smash direct?). And because November might be packed full of more focus on Let's Go PIkachu and Eevee and/or any other holiday time titles going around (We don't know Team Sonic Racing or the Katamari game's release dates and they said Winter 2018)

Could be November to just put it simply make it only weeks before the game is out in early December though at the cost of leaving us dry throughout the rest of this month and October.

Either way though I think it'll be the big finale before release with all the rest of the characters (Regardless if it's just two or not) though a big focus will be more details on all the game modes. Especially of course Spirits mode.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Probably a unique fighter revealed Robin style in October. Then the remaining fighters - Im guessing 2 unique and 3-4 echoes - in a big final Smash direct in November

Top Bottom