• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to Pivot Grab?

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
I never played brawl so to me i'm kind of lost on the appeal of pivot grabbing. What situations is it useful? Are you expected to run away from attacks and then pivot? Do you just pivot standing when someone is behind you? I really have no idea. If someone has some example videos it would really be appreciated.

B!squick

Smash Master
Hang on, I'll link you to some vids of a tournament MrEh was in. Just do what he does and you'll crush your enemies.

EDIT: Here we go. You may have to skip around if you just want to watch him, but the whole tournament was fun to watch, IMO. Hawaii has such a good Smash scene.

EDIT2: As for when to use Pivot Grab if you randomly don't feel like watching vids. Using when your opponent is landing is good, if you don't feel like USmash. There's really no reason NOT to throw it out now and then. Projectiles aside, it's really safe to do.

Last edited:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser's pivot grab is demonic. It sucks people in like some sort of crazy voodoo magic.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
I never played brawl so to me i'm kind of lost on the appeal of pivot grabbing. What situations is it useful? Are you expected to run away from attacks and then pivot? Do you just pivot standing when someone is behind you? I really have no idea. If someone has some example videos it would really be appreciated.
1. When opponent is landing from the air
2. If you expect an attack that doesn't a really disjointed hitbox
3. Covers a lot of options when you wait them to get up from the edge

Also :

Bowser's pivot grab is demonic. It sucks people in like some sort of crazy voodoo magic.

SATAN HAND !!!

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
>When to pivot grab

Always.

But no everyone else covered it. ;o; I should really be more active.

Top Bottom