• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When should I go for ken combos?

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
What Umbreon said. Whenever you see they di'ed in a fashion when you can follow up with a dair that will send them to the bottom blast zone, go for it.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Also, its essential to know when to just let it go if you know tipped dair won't connect. If that happens, nair, tipper dolphin slash or fair again so you keep a huge stage advantage.

Koga_

Smash Cadet
Also, its essential to know when to just let it go if you know tipped dair won't connect. If that happens, nair, tipper dolphin slash or fair again so you keep a huge stage advantage.
Exactly. I end up always going for dair whenever I get the chance even if I'm not sure it'll tip

Mischief

Smash Cadet
It just takes a decent amount of practice until you get a feel for the dair. Make sure you always have a jump or are well above the stage before throwing it out because the ending lag can lead to an SD. Try playing on battlefield for practice, the platforms are high enough that dairs become pretty easy, at which point so do Ken combos.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Just watch Pewpewu. He gets Ken combos more than Ken does lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Exactly. I end up always going for dair whenever I get the chance even if I'm not sure it'll tip
me and dr pp have an inside joke where we talk about doing double marth team and tech chasing people with the ken combo over and over on the stage to put opponents on tilt lmao

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
lol. Do you think Marth/Marth teams would do good at all in an actual tourney?

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Marth/Marth, or: "Now we can't kill our opponents when we are unable to gimp or tipper them twice as often!"

Gimps/Kills out of throws are harder to pull off in teams as it is. Marth needs a partner who can wall well, or packs a lot of kill power without spacing.

D

Deleted member

i mean i wouldn't ever play it seriously in tournament but it's not the worst team you can do. there's a lot to be said for invalidating jump completely lmao

Top Bottom