• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When he does the thing

FearTheTree

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6153-4921
I was messing around with Luigi today, and I was using the side-B attack to recover, but he shot out with incredible force all the way back across the platform. I couldn't figure out how to trigger the explosion, it only happened by luck. Can this be controlled, and if so, how do you do it?

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
You must main Luigi to harness its true power, and speak not of the times when it does you more harm than good. We call it the Trust Rocket.

Griffard

Smash Ace
It's not the case that Luigi mains get more..

If you can tap into the Luigi-force and choose to play FOR misfires, and you have a sense of the rhythm of the game, it is certainly true that you will get useful misfires more frequently. If you tend to use side-b in the same situations: smash side-b in bursts to recover or just charging them when you're really high, it will feel pretty random and low percent chance to get them.

Being conscious of the move and its possibility lets you maximize its usefulness.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I thought op was trolling hard, then realized that he was just new to the game.

I'm amazed there are still new players after all these years since the game came out.

FearTheTree

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6153-4921
I thought op was trolling hard, then realized that he was just new to the game.

I'm amazed there are still new players after all these years since the game came out.
Yeah, I was never allowed to have video games as a kid, so I caught up on everything I missed now, and I just really loved SSBM as soon as I started playing.

Paulofwood

Smash Rookie
If we could control it, Luigi would be higher on the tier list.

If only we could.....
Actually... I discussed this with a friend. More often than not, you're expecting it more than your opponent, thus you can use it to your advantage. If it were controllable (on command) every player would know when a lui would want to use it. Y'know what I mean? By being random, you can only gain from it. unless of course the unspeakable happens. #trustrocket #Luigimain****

Top Bottom