• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do I use shieks D-air

Nenfis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nenfis
I am a somewhat decent shiek player who has played the game for about a year and a half. I am trying to improve my game and was wondering when I i should use shieks down air in a match and what its uses are and what it can combo into.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
To extend combos. The most pertinent use is to cover platform techchases when a waveland grab isn't sufficient. It has vertical knockback as well, so you can do dair from ledge on slower onstage recoveries to make teching fair more difficult. It's a niche move.

D

Deleted member

there 2 times to use dair basically:

- ledge jump dair on landing lag after an edge hog
- to go deep to save your teammate if needles wont work (e.g. saving falco)

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
To extend combos. The most pertinent use is to cover platform techchases when a waveland grab isn't sufficient. It has vertical knockback as well, so you can do dair from ledge on slower onstage recoveries to make teching fair more difficult. It's a niche move.
Exactly that, to extend combos. It can be used to easily follow up into an Up-air or fair, and using it on stages like FoD or BF can extend combos greatly.

Top Bottom