• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your Two Most Favorite Combo Starters?

What Are Your Two Favorite Combo Starters?

• Nair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bair

• Dthrow

• Fthrow

• Uthrow

• Bthrow

• Up smash

• Down smash

• Forward smash

• Side tilt

• Down tilt

• Total voters

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
The fun questions return!! Jigglypuff can do some pretty awesome combos, including the famous "Wall of Pain" and many 0-death combos! To ignite combos, you need a great move to start them, hence, a combo starter!

My question for you is what are your two favorite combo starters? There is some dum moves on the poll that aren't really combo starters, but if you like them I guess you could vote for them! :D

Explanation, though not required, really makes this thread more interesting, so I highly recommend you explain in a reply!

If you have a great combo or anything similar on film, show us at:

http://smashboards.com/threads/jigglypuff-community-montage.429961/#post-20877172

To be featured in the Jigglypuff Community Montage!

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Now that dthrow is a combo throw at certain characters at certain %s at the edge. I love it.
Btw you can only submit one answer atm.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Now that dthrow is a combo throw at certain characters at certain %s at the edge. I love it.
I'll change it! Thanks for telling me!

Fixed! Anyways, I haven't been experimenting with that even though I read some of those comments in the discord, so I need to get in that!! Seems it could be utilized a bit in tournies. It would look nice in the Montage as well.

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
They're hard to get in without an obvious punish opportunity, but the SHFF up air combos are super fun. Fair combos are also among my favourites when it comes to the fun factor; fair to fair, fair to nair, fair to rest, and those occasional sweet spot fairs (from ledge and such) that the opponent fails to tech, giving a free rest while they're bouncing helplessly on the stage. LOL

Ooooh, how does this work, exactly? Is there an explanation I missed somewhere in the forums?
Edit: Nevermind, found it. Your videos are very helpful.

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Usually I approach with SH Fairs, and either start a Fair string, Nair to get them off the stage, or try to go for a stylish Rest~ >w<

Pound is also relatively safe to throw out since the unexpectedly long-lasting hitbox throws off a lot of people. It also beats shields and spot-dodges, so I love to use this around really defensive opponents.

I would say Sing's probably the best move to land, and even though you would usually want to get a Smash/Rest off of a sleeping opponent instead of starting a combo, I personally consider Sing -> Rest a pretty standard combo :p

Top Bottom